jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Squidoo Is Cleaning House

1. JSwanson profile image60
    JSwansonposted 7 years ago

I think Squidoo is taking a few pages from HubPages.

Im not 100% sure if I can put this link here but its not mine and in no way self serving.

Im sorry in advance if it shouldnt be here but wanted those who havent seen it to read between the lines and see how Squidoo is paying close attention to HubPages

http://www.squidoo.com/squidoo-policy-u … le37726512

Jenny

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Saw the message in my inbox too. Copying HubPages now hun?

2. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Saw the message in my inbox too. Copying HubPages now hun?

2. waynet profile image50
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Yeah I got the email from them about this.

It's about time too and getting rid of them adult lenses is a good thing, maybe my search engine traffic over there will pick back up in time, because here at hubpages traffic has tripled from what it was last month...maybe it was the extra effort I put in for the Hubchallenge...in fact I am almost certain of it!

3. babedoll50 profile image61
    babedoll50posted 7 years ago

I may just take another look over there after their changes are taken care of.

4. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

It does sounds like they are adopting several HP policies. Sounds like Squidoo still allows stuff HP doesn't though.

I tried Squidoo briefly about a year back. Didn't much like it. smile

5. JSwanson profile image60
    JSwansonposted 7 years ago

HubPages obviously got it right from the beginning.  Not sure if I will ever return to Squidoo, love it here way too much.

Jenny

6. Trekkiemelissa profile image81
    Trekkiemelissaposted 7 years ago

I like both sites as both sites are very, very different in their objectives.  I am glad that they are finally getting rid of of the X-rated lenses. Never liked the idea of having them on the site in the first place.  For a lot of people, the new rules will not effect them that much. Here there is 2 external links to the same site.  There it is 9.  Giant squids are excluded from that rule.  Also sites on their whitelist are excluded from that rule also.  Little by little, they have been making things better with the site.  They changed our lens templates to where we can change the themes unless they are squidoo cobrands.

working