jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

About Hub Pages

1. gatodos profile image61
    gatodosposted 8 years ago

I'm still really new at this. Can any one tell me, is it okay to add more than one hoplink to the same article. And if so, how many would be good?

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I'd restrict myself to having only one link to the same URL.

3. gatodos profile image61

Thank you for your response. I'm very worried about this promoting products. I am not very smart at this kind of things. This is my 9th or 10th day and I haven't seen a thing that is bringing any kind of money. I've made $0.09 already is this the way it starts or should I just give up and ask for a refund? I like writing the hubs, it's a way of expressing ones self. Any advise would be most helpfull i'm sure. I have read some of your hubs, and they are great.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Hi Gatodos,

It takes time.  So far, I've made only $6!  If you read the HubPages Help, it advise that you not to think of HubPages as a way to make money - view that as a bonus.  I think that's a good way to look at it.

There are Hubbers here who are doing well, but they have worked hard, produce excellent Hubs, know how to optimise them for Search Engines, do a good job promoting, etc etc.  I know it will take me a while to get to that level, if I ever do!

1. Apae profile image72
      Apaeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Marissa, I've seen you mention this in another thread somewhere on here. That was a little while a go - have you not made any more money since then?

5. sminut13 profile image79
    sminut13posted 8 years ago

i agree with marisa. in fact, she's already a pro in my view as she understands so much. don worry. i think i've been here more days than you(need to check though) grins, and i jus have $0.03. hehehe not sure how to promote but comments are the areas that really give me satisfaction as well as answering requests and findin out that i've really helped them out. for me, i think it might take years to get to the best level. which is kinda doubtful at themoment. hehe

6. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I joined a while ago, and though I haven't done any extensive promotion, and I am guilty of writing a couple hubs that flow with what I've seen on Google Trends, I have made about five bucks.  I've turned to posting original poetry and songs I have written, to try and express my creativity (and a little of my darker more emotional past.)

The trick is to balance enjoying your time here with making a quarter here and there.  If you're only here for the money, well.. *glances at the door* 

****Disclaimer:  anything I say is purely my opinion.  Smile, brush and floss regularly, and have your pets spayed or neutered.

7. gatodos profile image61

Thank you, all, for your help.. I just don't know how to do all the things, to get more traffic.

8. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Apae, I don't check my earnings all that regularly. I just had a look - prompted by your post - and I'm up to $7.98.  Wow!   It's my own fault as I haven't done much promoting of my Hubs.