jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Two weeks, and ten hubs in...

1. Laura Berwick profile image88
    Laura Berwickposted 7 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I've been writing now for a few weeks, and would love to get a little constructive feedback. If you've got the time I would love to hear from you about what you think, or improvements I could make. I've got some hubs in the high 70s, and others that hover in the 50s and I'm not really sure what the difference is between the two. Also, I really just want to improve my writing in general, and turn out some really high quality hubs.

Thanks so much for your time,

1. Lgali profile image50
      Lgaliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

very nice going keep doing what are you doing
      Here is more info about score

2. nicomp profile image60
      nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't beat yourself up over a hub score. Some have suggested that there may even be some randomness designed into the ranking system. I don't have a clue if that's true, but I do know that if you're looking to make a buck, all that matters is how many people click on your ads.

2. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

I've read your Korean cultures hub, and I think it's brilliant. Great photos, good placements of them next to text, and really well-written.

The only thing I might add would be a link or two, if I could find a relevant one in English.

Hubs start off at 40 to 50 score, and it takes a while (and a number of viewers) for them to rise.

3. Laura Berwick profile image88
    Laura Berwickposted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone!

I really appreciate the feedback.

LondonGirl : I will try to find a few good English links. That's a great suggestion!

Lgali: Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

I was reading in the forum yesterday, and someone said that most of their hubs start at 70 when published and go up from there pretty quickly -- unless there was something wrong with them. I guess it had me a little freaked out.

If you think of anything else, please let me know!

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Hi Laura smile welcome to HubPages. It's been said that if you let your Hub sit a day or two the score will rise. Let it *steep* like a tea? wink lol .

1. Laura Berwick profile image88
      Laura Berwickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Dame, for the welcome, and for the calm down. I guess I am a little impatient. I'll try to let them steep and see what happens!

2. Laura Berwick profile image88
      Laura Berwickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Update: Letting them steep has totally worked. I even let a hub steep without publishing right away, around 36 hours while I finished it, and it was in the 60's just now when I published it. Thanks again for taking the time to write and give me advice.