jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Want to write a hub giving advice that involves a long story...

1. Nicole Winter profile image60
    Nicole Winterposted 7 years ago

What do you guys think is better, writing the long story which is interspersed with tips / advice between paragraphs; breaking the story / tips up into two-page hubs; (there would be at least three hubs,) or canning the whole idea entirely? 

If I wrote it out as one hub it'd probably be around 9-10 pages long in Open Office.  (Freeware text akin to Microsoft Word.)

Thanks for any suggestions, would love if someone has the time and is interested to take a look at what I have so far.

--- NAW

1. caspar profile image81
      casparposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd split it into several separate hubs, but put them in a hub group so that it's easy to navigate from one to the other. You could title them with section numbers, e.g. "Whatever Title - Part 1", "Same title again - Part 2" etc. so if someone finds they land at Part 3 they can go to Part 1, if you see what I mean.

I think I'd intersperse the advice throughout the story as that would make it a more interesting read, but that's just a personal preference, it could work well with a summary/advice part at the end.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I usually split the hub if it's more than several hundred words- yours sounds as though it's two or three thousand!

People don't tend to read the very long ones- I usually favourite them or don't read them at all.

3. Ladybird33 profile image71
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Split it up...my opinion.  good luck.

4. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 7 years ago

split it up, people on the internet only read for a very small amount of time.

5. Nicole Winter profile image60
    Nicole Winterposted 7 years ago

Hey, guys, thanks for giving your advice and comments, I appreciate it!  I think I'll split it up and intersperse "advice" in each hub.

--- NAW