1. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I knew that the guys from HubPages Inc had been working on it but wasn't aware of the name.

Just had a look at the site, sounds very interesting.

A couple of questions...

1) Can it run more than one advertising program? (I assume it does, because it swaps between Adsense and Ebay AdContext here at HubPages).

2) Can it swap between advertising programs or switch off the ads if it's getting more than say 2 or 3 clicks from the one orginating IP address?

I ask that because there were applications in the paste that used to do this, but apparently they have either lost their effectiveness or they no longer support that feature. It would be handy to have that added layer of security and peace of mind to stop deliberate click-bombing.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the intent is that it will pick the best combination of ads within the specified constraints from different networks in order to maximize revenue.

No, it doesn't do this.  In our experience any way, the ad networks themselves have gotten pretty good at identifying click fraud (and hopefully not punishing the web site publisher directly, unless they were involved).