jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hub score goes up with no page views and down when viewed

1. getpaidtopost profile image60
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

one of my hubs score has been on the rise for the past week, however I did not receive one page view, Today I received 1 page view and the hub score has dropped. This is madness. Why would a hub score go up with no views and down when viewed. I think hubpages found their hub scoring script at the bottom of a lucky bag. It just seems worthless. The scores just don't reflect the stats. Is it just me or does it happen to you?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yipes!  Harsh words.

Is it possible the one view came from you yourself?  HubScore is calculated from a complex formula, including backlinks, traffic, and how much of that traffic comes from sources outside of HubPages.  It is constantly fluctuating, and doesn't affect your Google search engine rankings or anything of that sort, so you don't need to put too much stock in it.

1. getpaidtopost profile image60
        getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Maddie
        I no longer view my hubs, I thought this would have a negative impact on my hubsocres, so now i just check via my account. The point I am making is hub scores go up with no views. hubscore should only change with votes and page views + time viewed. I think they need to add a few more protocols to their hubscore script. the way it is now it seems like their rules are conflicting with each other and that's why the crazy scoring results. I will see if i can get the script they use and see what is going on. will report back here.

2. usmanali81 profile image60
      usmanali81posted 7 years ago in reply to this

It happens with me as well and it seems that due a large number of Freemasonry hubs written by me they are teasing me. There may be a Freemason sitting on the server and giving us false profile ratings on his own.

2. Dolores Monet profile image91
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

Your own views of yourself are counted? I would think somehow they would not.???