Is This Allowed?

1. 59
    roxierottweilerposted 7 years ago

I have a dog, Miss Roxie Rottweiler, who writes a weekly newspaper column on a local internet news website.  I was interested in having her write her stories here.  However, Miss Roxie has a focal point to her writing.  She wants a certain company to make a particular product.  I'm not even sure I can post company names or products here.  I don't know if her writing would be considered "commercial" and would be prohibited.  It may be considered advertising, although she has no ties whatsoever to the company she writes about.  Nor do I believe I am allowed to post the link to her current webpage.  Can anyone enlighten me on specific guidelines?

2. girly_girl09 profile image81
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

Taken from the FAQ:

"What does commercial mean?

Commercial hubs are required to have an ad level setting of High. Your hub is considered to be commercial if it meets any of these conditions.

it is monetized through a non-hubpages affiliate mechanism
    it contains links to other commercial sites
    it promotes a for profit business, especially a business that you have an interest in"

Since the issue of commercial hubs is addressed, they are allowed if you meet the guidelines outlined in the FAQ.

3. Rik Ravado profile image91
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

Yes I don't see a problem posting a link to the website or mentioning a company name in your writing.  As girly says, just follow the FAQ and you'll be fine.  Welcome to HubPages.