jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

pay with paypal

1. omarabid profile image60
    omarabidposted 7 years ago

I saw squidoo today and one feature I liked, is that they pay using paypal directly, rather than waiting for the Google check

Why don't you enable such feature in hubpages?

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is a different system here. Your own ad code shows on the pages, so you get paid direct. Hubpages is a far superior platform in my estimation - and a lot of writers have their own blogs with adsense. It would not make any sense to split those away - some people might have to wait longer for payouts.

And google will pay by direct deposit.

2. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 7 years ago

I agree with Mark, this system is better it ties in with other Ascense accounts you have for other sites/blogs and you don't get the paypal charges...which is great, and also google pay straight into your bank which is really great...no messing around with checks and transfering funds between accounts!

3. johnr54 profile image69
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

There are other advantages to the Hubpages approach. 

For example, with Squidoo you get a fairly low payout percentage of your Amazon sales, and who knows how much of your Adsense.  With Hubpages you can aggregate your Amazon sales with other sites so the payout ends up higher for both sites because of that since they have a sliding payout scale.

Another advantage is that the payout is quicker.  The Squidoo check you get today is for activity on the site long ago.

Plus the advantage from a Hubpages standpoint is that there is no accounting function on their end.  They just plug in your affiliate codes on your shares of page impressions, and Google, Amazon, Ebay, etc. take care of all the rest.  No need for an accounting function to skim off their overhead.