jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Summary Images

1. Sqoo Media profile image58
    Sqoo Mediaposted 9 years ago

Hello,

My latest Hub has a banner graphic at the top that stretches across the page,  I've notice that this is picked up as the graphic used next to the summary in listings. Is there any way of getting a better picture instead of the banner?

2. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

I'm not positive, but I think if you insert another smaller photo somewhere beneath it (one that sits right) this will become your thumbnail. Something you can try, if you want to.

HTH.

3. Sqoo Media profile image58

Brilliant, thanks I will give that a go!

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

The summary image will be the first image in the hub that is greater than 80 pixels high and wide.  There isn't currently any way to control it beyond that (and realistically, there won't be any time soon).

5. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

Oops, I was wrong, sorry!

I thought that might work cos I know that if you have a video at the top and no other images it shows your profile pic.. and then I inserted a photo beneath the video and that became the thumbnail.

Sorry Sqoo!

6. Sqoo Media profile image58

Thats OK Isabella, thanks for the help, I was just about to upload as I spotted Paul's post!

It doesnt look brilliant, but I will happily live with it (eg: http://hubpages.com/tag/second+life/hot ) . The hub editing system on the whole is brilliant, I make similar editing systems for a living and know how hard it is to make them simple to use and rich enough in function at the same time smile

Dave

Edit: Also sorry for putting this in the wrong section, I guess it should have gone in help!

7. Sqoo Media profile image58

To update, I made the banner 79 pixels high which made no difference to how it looks on the page, and the system then picked up the second image for the summary instead, which is great!

Brilliant, thanks Paul.

working