Unpublished Hubs

1. William F. Torpey profile image83
    William F. Torpeyposted 9 years ago

I'm a little confused. I have an unpublished hub that has 25 views, only half of which come from hubpages. I know I've viewed it a number of times while editing and putting photos and videos it it, but where can someone tell me (l'm curious) where the other views came from?

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Typically when you visit a web page the URL of the page you came from by clicking on a link will be passed as part of the request for the new page.  That is where the data on where your traffic comes from is derived.

However, it is possible to configure your browser to not pass the referring page at all (which you probably have not done), and there are a bunch of circumstances where there may be a page view without there being a referring page to pass -- for instance if you clicked "refresh", or came from a bookmark, etc.  Events like those are the most likely source of those "missing" page views.

At any rate, they are nothing to worry about -- nobody other than HubPages staff and you can view a page before it is published (and we aren't really in the habit of doing that).

3. William F. Torpey profile image83
    William F. Torpeyposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the explanation, Paul.

working