jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Overly Promotional - what do I do now?

1. Sqoo Media profile image61
    Sqoo Mediaposted 8 years ago

Hi there,

I have just had a hub removed for being overtly promotional.

The problem is I had put together a non comercial web page that does something unique, there is nothing else like it out there and thought HubPages would be a good place to tell people about  it as I think a lot of people would enjoy it. (By non commercial I mean no ads, no selling anywhere!)

I had two links within the text to the page and had three other links. One of those went to my main site which is on the same domain which meant that there were 3 links to a single domain which I believe could be the problem. And two others that went elsewhere.

There is very little else I can write for this hub as there really isnt anything else that does this, and I can't really provide any more links. I have removed one link to the site and one to my own site, what I want to know is have I done enough to comply or is there more to do, or can I have this hub at all?

The page was at http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Send-a-C … econd-Life

2. Sqoo Media profile image61

It seems it was, it has been republished smile

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

It looks ok now, and I've cleared it for re-publication.

Generally, having multiple links to the same site in a hub is a liable to get it flagged, especially if they are  to the same URL.   If you describe your service well and it is sufficiently interesting to the visitor, you shouldn't need more than 1 link to get people to try it.

4. Sqoo Media profile image61

For the second time today, thanks Paul smile