jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does anyone else not like the Kentucky Grill Chicken?

1. illminatus profile image88
    illminatusposted 7 years ago

What happened to KFC? I understand we are trying to trend toward a healty society but the KGC doesn't quite do for me. Any thoughts?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Marketing healthy is beneficial for business whereas promoting fried hmm is not popular when many people are health conscious and facts abound about healthy lifestyles smile does that help?

3. Connie Smith profile image91
    Connie Smithposted 7 years ago

I've long thought KFC was missing the boat with not serving grilled chicken (and salad to go with it).  That is one of my favorite meals, especially when I want to drop a few pounds.  I haven't tried the KFC grilled chicken yet, but was encouraged by the reviews.  I will have to make a point to get there and check it out.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

I like the product, but KFC is facing some issues with it already.  It has been revealed that one of the secrets to its unique flavor is that there is beef base in the marinade.  That's a pretty slick way to create a different taste, but it raises questions about the company's integrity.  Not disclosing the presence of beef in a product where no one expects it causes problems for people who avoid beef for religious or dietary reasons.

Kentucky Fried Chicken faced a similar issue years ago when its "secret blend" of 11 herbs and spices was discovered to include salt and MSG.  Salt and MSG are found in nearly all fast food products, but they really aren't herbs or spices.

5. spiderpam profile image58
    spiderpamposted 7 years ago

It's gross!