This Is Dam Addicting

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I had to shut HubPages off for a couple hours to get some other work done and I swear I was suffering withdrawls.

Oh well Im back now so all is good lol

But I better get to work on some hubs

Cheers

1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HP addiction is well known around here. I'm opening a rehab center. $10K a pop and everyone who pays in advance gets a free Big Book. smile

1. anjalichugh profile image67
        anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol. I had to get into some self healing techniques. smile

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know the feeling.lolololo big_smile

2. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Welcome back.

3. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 14 years ago

What were the effects of the withdrawal? wink

Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well my hands were shaking
      I was seeing little white specks in front of me with the word forum in them
      My mouth was dry
      i was hearing voices inside my head.  (profile,my account)
      Couldnt think of anything else.

The kicker was when my family found me curled up in a ball in the corner of my office and all I could say was Hubtivity over and over and over

Thats when I knew I needed help

Lol

1. viryabo profile image93
        viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tell me about it. I barely eat now. Its HP for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

4. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

tell me about it.  The more friends you make the more time you send on here...

5. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL I feel for you Dale, but we are all in the same hospital. Welcome to the room wink

6. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Yeah, had to shut down too just to get work done around the house this weekend. Painted the living room, set new tile around the fireplace, went shopping for the first floor bathroom renovation, and managed new tires on my bike. Needed to get the bike up to start exercising from sitting too long in front of the laptop..... smile

7. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Oooooh, thanks Misha! So that's why my walls are are white and soft (wait a minute...they're padded wink)- and I thought it was just the new wallpaper we ordered for the renovations...big_smile

I too made the same mistake but after the fine medicine they gave me all is gooood now !!

8. Quilligrapher profile image74
    Quilligrapherposted 14 years ago

Oh Gosh!  Is it time to line up for our meds?

9. giantsteps profile image59
    giantstepsposted 14 years ago

I've only just started out here but I can see how it can get to be really addictive. We might have to start a hubpages anonymous group.

1. JSwanson profile image59
      JSwansonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello my name is Jenny and Im a Hubaholic

10. giantsteps profile image59
    giantstepsposted 14 years ago

Everyone together: Hi, Jenny.

11. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Oh, Hubaholics Anonymous is already well established here. I've lost count of how many admitted Hub Addicts we have -- but I do see a disturbing trend. Newbies seem to be coming in and getting addicted faster and faster. I wonder why that is?

Pam -- Can I help you run the rehab? With your banking background you should be the administrative director. I'll be intake counselor. Might need some help, tho. Let's see who else volunteers:-).

1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MM--You're in! We don't need tons of people signing up to make it fly, but hell, the more the merrier!

12. Enelle Lamb profile image74
    Enelle Lambposted 14 years ago

Am I too late for meds? I was having trouble with the straight jacket...damn...I miss all the fun sad lol

13. Mighty Mom profile image79

Enelle, sorry, but we're waiting for our resident nursing professional AEvans. She is the only one licensed to dispense drugs.
    I believe the next med call will be at 8pm.
    Which would you prefer -- Thorazine or Librium?

1. Enelle Lamb profile image74
      Enelle Lambposted 14 years agoin reply to this

um...one of each to start? And the line forms behind ....lol I missed the first call...

14. Mighty Mom profile image79

Enelle, sorry, but we're waiting for our resident nursing professional AEvans. She is the only one licensed to dispense drugs.
    I believe the next med call will be at 8pm.
    Which would you prefer -- Thorazine or Librium?

I just had a little nap.  they said the voices would go away but as soon as i got up I could hear them again.

It keeps drawing me in,  I thought addiction but now Im thinking a poltergeist or something.

2. kmackey32 profile image63
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I need lots of pain pills. lol

15. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

There are bondage savages here everyday I am tied up in here  can't escape.

16. fortunerep profile image69
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

I would like thorazine at next med call, I was accidentally given that one time by a nurse and I lost 3 days out of my life.  I guess it is time for a vacation again.
    dori

Yes please,  where do I get in line

17. Quilligrapher profile image74
    Quilligrapherposted 14 years ago

Breaking the hubpages habit is really easy.  I've done it hundreds of times!
    Q.

18. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Are you kidding me! I have HubPages on my mobile. I could be at a movie location or somewhere and I'm posting in a forum. Or here's this madman stuff that happened. On a Sunday, this guest speaker was preaching this really boring sermon - I hate saying a sermon is boring, but this one really was, and this dude was really hammering the boringness in, driving everyone to sleep like mad. And just to save myself, you know before I fall on the floor and start dozing the hell off, I pull out my cell phone joined the religion forum and started typing away right inside the church. If that isn't addiction, NOTHING IS!

19. profile image0

Hi fiery at least you still go to church...... so you are addicted to , it is quite a harmless addiction though eh???

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi Bren, Of course I still go to Church...anyways,the stuff isn't as bad as it used to be when I first got on here. I balance it all out now. Movies and Books help me forget HubPages easily.

20. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

HA HA HA no, realy, i thought i was loosing my mind when, last night, hub ideas woke me up. I couldnt stop thinking of things to write about, and now Im here, and cant get out of the darned forums!!! AAAAAA

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

join the club.... I even have my bible open here....

21. profile image0

in my humble opinion, you make a valuable contribution to hub pages, always did and I hope always will do....

22. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 14 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)