jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1. Answer Man profile image61
    Answer Manposted 7 years ago

I have many Hubs where the comments are of the following type: 

"I want to make a good friend .I'm seeking a good and better friend or my life partner who is sweet ,beautiful and better for me and i for her .0923007989323"

Now,what I want to know is should I delete these, as spam, or should I leave them up to help out these people who obviously are seeking to find friends by putting up their telephone numbers/fax numbers etc. ?

I don't care myself, but I don't with Google to consider these types of comments as spam.

So should I leave them up or let delete them?

1. dingdong profile image61
      dingdongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It only affects them, if they are putting their personal contact info(email, phone no. etc.) in comments.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

People can put their urls up all they want ...HP has a 'no follow' tag so they are useless wink do you really want to be holding a spam sign on your hub? tongue lol

3. brad4l profile image82
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

I checked out the hub you are referring to and those are most definitely spam comments and only one is actually from an actual hubber.

I don't know that Google would penalize you, but I think it makes your hub look bad. Also, they are likely added for disengenous purposes, so I would suggest deleting them and marking them as spam.

I would be interested in knowing if they all come from the same IP...