jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why can't I not post a Hub

1. Karen Baliska profile image60
    Karen Baliskaposted 7 years ago

I joined recently and I am trying to post a Hub.  I get as far as the screen that says enter these letters.  I cannot see the letters and I have tried enabling cookies and using a differnt browser, but to no avail.

On Sunday I got as far as "Publish, save..." Hub and then it did not let me do anything.

I seems that I can edit My Profile and post comments but nothing else.

Any suggestions? I am losing the will to live.

2. getpaidtopost profile image61
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

try disabling your fire wall, anti virus. this should work.

1. Karen Baliska profile image60
      Karen Baliskaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply.  If I do this will my computer be compromised? Do I have to turn them off permanently?

1. profile image61
        aireannaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think you can just add it to trusted sites and that might make all the difference for your firewall. I use monzilla firefox browser, which is great and has amazing security with no problems. I like firefox because if there is a problem with a site it will come up and give me the option to allow and make an exception for the site.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Make sure you are using one of the optimized browsers. 

http://hubpages.com/faq/#browsers

4. Karen Baliska profile image60
    Karen Baliskaposted 7 years ago

Great.

Thanks to getpaidtopost and relache the problem is resolved. I am now able to get in. I clicked the "Compatibility View" buttom and it worked. 

I hope that it helps somebody else.

1. Kmadhav profile image58
      Kmadhavposted 7 years ago in reply to this

it is good that your porblem is solved sometimes browser is also a problem. I faced a problem while inserting the pics in hubs and when I used this on different computer I succeed.

http://hubpages.com/hub/TypesofHardDriv … taRecovery

working