jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Page rank, how is it determined? How often updated?

1. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

My new blog was pagerank 0 yesterday, and my firefox add-on is telling me it's PR 4 today. How does it vary so fast? Could it just be a mistake?

1. weblog profile image59
      weblogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google toolbar can show it correctly.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image62
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

Firefox is also telling me that your Blog has a PR of 4, PR's do seem to fluctuate but if it's new and you've gone straight up to PR 4 then you've definitely done something right.

* How often updated? - I believe this is at the whim of Google with no set schedule (but could be wrong).

1. brad4l profile image82
      brad4lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google updates page rank pretty much constantly.

However, they update the Page Rank that is shown in their toolbar much less frequently. What this means is that the Toolbar page rank is not usually the "true" page rank.

They had been updating toolbar page rank about once every 3 months, but they seem to be updating it more regularly over the last few months...

3. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Thanks both. I wrote the first proper post on my blog in mid- May some time, and have written about 7-8 in total, so far. It's always shown as "unranked" before, then suddenly today it's PR4. Some of the pages are 3, some 4, a couple 5, and the most recent isn't anything.