jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How do I get more fans and traffic?

1. rb101182 profile image84
    rb101182posted 8 years ago

I just joined and was wondering how I can attract readers and fans to my site? Besides emailing friends of course. If anyone has any good stories or tips on how they did it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Catawn profile image59
    Catawnposted 8 years ago

I'm new too, and I must admit that I'm sorta passive when it comes to this sort of stuff. I write because I enjoy it; if people are interested, that's great.

Things I've done:
    Used autopinger.com (or whatever it is) to update about my blogs.
    Read & commented on other's hubs (commenting is important; it gets you out there)
    Posted on the forums

And that's really it. But this is me, and I'm sorta lazy. I make more money babysitting or at work than I do here, so this is pure enjoyment.

Oh, I also put links to my writing on fitting sites I'm a part of. A link to my tutorial on the art site I'm part of, links to it from help chat boards, submitting it to sites that host my sort of links, etc.

Just some random things I've done, and traffic / fans / comments have picked up, slowly. I'm sure others will advise you of more aggressive tactics, which I don't have the internet time for, honestly.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I've just gotten fans slowly over time (it's now almost a year and a half since I started creating Hubs).

I hate when people ask me to become their fan, especially if they are looking for reciprocation for them choosing to be a fan of mine.  I join someone's fan club when or if I chose and never because someone asked me to do it.  My reasons for joining a fan club are based on if I like the author's writing/Hubs and I would hope that's what my fans like about me.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the  fan request thing makes me a little uncomfortable.  I join a fan club because I like someone's writing, not because I expect them to reciprocate.  So if I get a request, I'll look at their Hubs - and then I feel awkward saying no if they either don't interest me or are badly written.

4. rb101182 profile image84
    rb101182posted 8 years ago

thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it.

5. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

i think one of the best ways to get fans is to make useful information and to create several hubs.  If you look at the top hubbers, they do this and it works.

6. sminut13 profile image79
    sminut13posted 8 years ago

i agree with paul too. i think you need to make informative and interesting hubs. for me, i didn't expect myself to have any fans but surprising i acquired some. don know why. hehehe don think i'm that good a hubber but oh well, was really happy to see that i had fans. thanks to them, i feel like writing even more. as you go on writing hubs, you begin to get a feel for them, what people look for and how to write them.