jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

What does LOVE mean to you?

1. MissJamieD profile image81
    MissJamieDposted 7 years ago

What does love mean to you? What things do you require in a relationship, for it to be a happy one? Tell me the things that are deal-breakers for you...just interested. Thank you:)

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think when it comes to what love means to me, the word just doesn't do it justice, at least that is how I feel.  I love my kid but the word seems sorta weak compared to how I really feel about her, same with my bf.

In a relationship, I don't know what I require but I know that I wouldn't do something I know would upset or hurt my partner and he wouldn't do that to me either.  It's trust and confidence, knowing each other well enough that even in the saddest of times, I am not as sad as I would be without. 

Deal-breakers? If he ever said, I do not love you.  I would likely still love him but like all my other broken relationships, I let them go and wish them well in finding what it is that will truly make them happy.

I guess that is why it's called love.

MissJamieDposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like you're an intelligent and loving woman. Good for you sweetie:) Thanks for sharing.

2. Drew Breezzy profile image81
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

love is someone actually caring about another human being

deal breaker- a cheating heart

2. sweigand profile image61
    sweigandposted 7 years ago

I need chemistry. I can be sarcastic and I love to laugh so I am always joking around. If someone is too serious for me that just doesn't work. I always value that over looks because enjoying things outside of your physical relationship is what makes it last. Another thing I value is self determination. I myself am an engineer who is always striving to better myself and I want to be with someone is also has big goals and aspirations in life.

3. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

I need a no drama person who can be a friend, not just someone who is going to chase me around the table and then ask for a beer and a sandwich. I need someone who likes conversation and is fairly low maintenance.

Deal breakers: Lying. Stealing. Infidelity. Anger management issues.

4. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Honesty and Friendship

5. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 7 years ago

the biggest deal breaker is people who take themselves to seriously.everyone has an equally valid point of view on all things,some are just on a different rung of the ladder of life.another put off is people who insist on using the biggest most obscure words so others will ow and ah over how intelligent they are.i say lighten up,we all know that unintelligent people usually go into politics and i haven't run into one on this site yet.so what am i really trying to say?...i don't have a clue, but I payed alot for this computer and I'm damn well going to use it!also,i know when i fall in love,that somewere down the road I'm gonna lose half my stuff.....again...feed your head...

6. janni321 profile image60
    janni321posted 7 years ago

@MissJamieD, Love is of different types, but the most common type of love is, you know, which causes a human birth. I think if you have really love someone you need that person to be close to you. Am I right? when this person tries to go away you hurt or in other words you feel your heart broken. I love someone but she is not with me and even I can't see her for years. But I learn to love her  without her physical presence, thats what I think love is. Feel your love in your heart you feel better.

@cheaptrick, You are absolutely right about taking relationship seriously. If we take them lightly and understand others feeling I thing they work well.

Everyone has their own point of view on love, but I do agree with both of you (and everyone else by the way). No matter which way you slice it, you must "feel" love for that person. If you're empty, move on. That's my idea of it. True love will lead you to do good things for each other, if it's not there, move on. But you have to work through the good and the bad when you truly love someone as well. We're all human:)

Nice to see you all here and nice to see the newbies!

7. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

A relationship that is equal, caring and wishing to contribute to the well being of the other is love.

Equality is a must!