jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (28 posts)

Who remembers Farrah Fawcett

1. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

What a beautiful woman, who remembers Farrah? What would you like to say if you could say it?

1. alekhouse profile image81
      alekhouseposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I remember her on Charlie's Angels...beautiful woman. So sad, about her cancer. I just read that she and Ryan ONeal are getting married again.

2. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 8 years ago

we were tadpoles when she was popular. But the pictures don't lie. Smokin!

3. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 8 years ago

Her poster was on my wall along with Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith when I was a teenager .

1. goldentoad profile image61
      goldentoadposted 8 years ago in reply to this

you horn dog.

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I liked Jaclyn Smith from Charlies Angels too !

1. goldentoad profile image61
          goldentoadposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Tony, let's try this approach, is there any actress besides whoopi goldberg you wouldn't do?

Nope ! Toad that Is pretty much It !

2. AEvans profile image72
          AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Tony!!! I see you loved all of the ladies, I only have seen the re-runs, but I did look back at my oldest sister's hair and it was the same way. lolololo smile

And I still do love em AEvans at almost 50 my groove thang Is not what It used to be though !

1. AEvans profile image72
              AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Almost 50? Well you certainly look good and much younger then your pic. Keep on doing what your doing.big_smile

And I am proud to say the picture Is recent!Thx AEvans !

4. Jodi Hoeksel profile image62
    Jodi Hoekselposted 8 years ago

I really enjoyed her in the Charlies Angels. The daffy/beauty seemed to work well.

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

She first showed up (or at least I first saw her) in the Wella shampoo ads.  Like a lot of young women, I admired her hair.

6. Paper Moon profile image82
    Paper Moonposted 8 years ago

I was so happy to have a Farrah jersey.  I had to turn it inside out when I showed up to school wearing it.

7. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

Who could forget the beautiful Farrah! She was a strong and decent woman who contributed much to the world quite apart from her acting.

8. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 8 years ago

I grew up watching Charlie's Angels.  I wanted SO badly to have her hair, was obsessed with it. She was, indeed a beautiful woman.  I'm very sorry for her family.

9. yoshi97 profile image88
    yoshi97posted 8 years ago

I will always remember her as an actress in her younger years ... but all my respect goes to her final three years when she faced down cancer and refused to let it stand in her way.

10. SPetkovsek profile image60
    SPetkovsekposted 8 years ago

I loved watching her in Charlie's Angels when I was growing up.  Her and "Kelly" aka Jacqueline Smith were amazing, beautiful, and role models.

Her movie "The Burning Bed" really brought battered women issues out into the public eye.  She totally gave 100% in that role.

Farrah...you were an inspiration, a trend-setter, a kind-hearted woman, and you will be deeply missed.

sad

11. profile image0
    Pachuca213posted 8 years ago

I cannot believe I missed this forum...
    I think it was sad that due to all the publicity surrounding Michael Jackson's death everyone forgot that Farrah died too.

She certainly was an Icon....I remember all the chicas in the  80's would feather their hair like she did....my mom included.
    I used to think my mom was a Charlie's Angel. smile

Back to Farrah...she was a strong lady who struggled with the illness for quite some time. Now she is resting in Peace. SAD

12. k@ri profile image82
    k@riposted 8 years ago

Farrah was an icon.  I remember when everyone from 1st graders to old ladies wanted her hair...LOL...she was a lovely person!

13. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 8 years ago

I remember Farrah in 'Charlies Angels' quite well, and I remember being very shocked when she left the show after its first season. After seeing 'The Burning Bed', I realized why she made that decision. She was truly a very good dramatic actress who did not want to be known solely as a sex symbol.

And as much as I'm shocked and saddened by MJ's death, I remember my first two thoughts when I heard the news: 1) Those poor kids; and 2) The news is totally going to overshadow Farrah's death, and that is a real shame.

14. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 8 years ago

June 25th was definitely one for the books ! Between Michael Jackson and Farrah . It just reminds me how fast this ride of life goes ! These two were Icons of my childhood and teenage years .

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Me too. Do you feel old yet? smile

Nope ! Not mentally .but sometimes my back reminds me !

15. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 8 years ago

Farrah is a lady that deserves a lot of respect for the way she handled to battle with cancer.  She had a wonderful performance in The Burning Bed but mainly she was a pretty model with some lines on a TV show.  I'm not saying she didn't have serious talent; maybe she just never got the roles.  She certainly showed with The Burning Bed that she could handle it.

16. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 8 years ago

I am so happy this got started. I spent HOURS every day trying to force my hair to be feathered. I am glad someone else cares about something other then Michael...now, what about Ed McMahon?

17. Zabbella profile image76
    Zabbellaposted 8 years ago

I remember Farrah I wrote a hub about her.  I like the fact that she made those dramatic movies...it opened up awareness about domestic violence.  There was more to her than  hair.

working