jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can I publish something that references other content?

1. 61
    aireannaposted 7 years ago

I have a couple really great papers that I wrote for school that have references to a United States Constitution text book. I'd love to be able to post them with properly cited references to the source I used but I'm wondering if hubpages would consider this original work. The case that I am thinking of mostly has my interpretation of the subject although I did use a few references in the paper. Is it appropriate to publish it to hubpages with references listed?

2. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

If you wrote the papers then there is no problem.  Cite your references if you are quoting from the book.

3. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I published one of my research papers on Video Gaming Addiction. I cited sources at the end of my hub, just like I did at the end of my paper. In fact, I've posted around 8 assignments on here (after I handed them in of course). It's original content that I wrote, so there is no problem with that. I own it. It appears no where else and I properly credited my sources.

Now more people can read my work then just my professor, I think that's pretty cool! big_smile

I don't believe I used any direct quotes in that paper, so nothing appeared as duplicate content.

4. 61
    aireannaposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the information. Just to see if I understand one of the comments made that if you directly quote something even with proper citation it will be viewed as duplicate information?