jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Can Hubpages give better explanations when a hub is pulled????????

1. R. Blue profile image60
    R. Blueposted 7 years ago

I had my latest hub pulled after it had been published for 10 days.  The only explanation Hubpages gives is Deceptive Title, Tags or category.  Here's my e-mail to Hubpages...see if you agree.

After 10 days, over 3000 page views, 240+ comments and being as high as #4 on your hot hubs page someone has had the wisdom to unpublish my hub.  I would have understood if it had happened the first day or two.....but 10 days in???  Actually the problem I have is that you pull hubs without specifically stating a concrete reason.  It says deceptive Title, Tags or Category......well which is it?  Seems to me that since you have all our e-mail addresses on file you (whoever did this) could just as easily send an e-mail stating the reason a hub was pulled.  You don't like my title???   I can change it....you want to suggest changes....no problem.  Problem with the tags???   Too many.... not enough....what do you find deceptive????  Category wrong???  Well I didn't see a category that fit better.   Maybe you could do a better job of clarifying!!

1. goldentoad profile image62
      goldentoadposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Its bullshit.

2. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I see a few of your topics skirting on the edge of what Adsense would find acceptable. Did you perhaps cross that line a wee little bit?

What was your title?

3. Mrvoodoo profile image59
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

Whilst none of your hubs would offend me personally, in terms of the Google Adsense TOS which I believe all Hubs have to conform to, I'd say that 'skirting on the edge' is Darkside being kind and putting it mildly, sorry.

Like I said they don't offend me personally, I loves me some smut, but the first couple that caught my eye, phone sex etc, I'm pretty sure they're probably TOS breakers.

* I don't know whether you use Adsense or not, but having refreshed a few of your hubs several times it doesn't look like your ads are showing anyway, just HPs non-Adsense sponsored ads, which means you won't be making any money from them anyway. (if making money was your intention.)

1. 0
      wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Agree with darkside and Mrvoodoo.  What do HP's non-Adsense ads look like anyway?  I saw Google ads on his hubs...  or so I thought.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image59
        Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They look very similar but don't say 'Ads by Google' underneath, they say something like 'sponsored ads' or 'sponsored links'.

These show up either during HPs share of impressions or when a Hub is of a topic that does not comply with the Adsense TOS (or at least this is my belief, could be wrong).

4. janni321 profile image60
    janni321posted 7 years ago

I also observe that, I think the ads showing sponsored link are HPs. Another way to check that the ads are yours are Hubs is that. You right click on to the adsense ad unit of your hub and search for your pub-ID.

5. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Reading the help section before writing your first hub will ensure you never have a hub pulled.