jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What does it mean when a comment on my hub is marked spam?

1. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 7 years ago

I have a comment on my hub that didn't show up on my "comments on" and if you look on the hub has a choice not spam or delete forever.  What does that mean?  Commenter is a hubpages member.

2. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure why it does that. I've had the same thing happen to me. I just clicked 'not spam' and all was fine.  I have gotten actual spam comments as well and clicked 'delete' and it went away.

Perhaps HP noticed that hubber making several comments in a a short time frame and marked it as spam??  That's my best guess

1. onthewriteside profile image72
      onthewritesideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Interesting question...I would have to agree with Janetta in that the person was probably going around commenting on tons of hubs to see if he/she could generate some traffic to his/her own hubs.  I guess they do the same thing by joining fan clubs too if I'm not mistaken?

3. embitca profile image81
    embitcaposted 7 years ago

That's pretty much it. If a hubber is marked as a spammer, they have been abusing their commenting and other hubbers have marked them as a spammer. I think once you get enough flags on your account, the algorithm takes care of the rest.

I just marked someone as a spammer today. He has exactly one hub about making money and then made about 30 comments on different high ranking money making hubs in the space of a few minutes. Delete, Mark as Spam, Say Goodbye!

4. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the info.  I am still new on this site, and wasn't really sure what to do with the comment.  smile