jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Flagging Hubs

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I wonder of anyone would mind giving some feedback on flagging hubs. I have never flagged anyone's hub before and am not sure how it works. Here's the thing - I was looking around hubpages to find some other hubbers motorcycle hubs to link to and came across a few that were written strangely. "Poor English," would be charitable, "gibberish" more realistic. Are these acceptable reasons to flag someone else's hub?

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I think they are - if you are into that kind of thing.

I personally used to be an avid critic, but stopped giving minuses and thumbs down quite some time ago, and flag only outright spam, when I happen to stumble over it, and even that I'm trying to avoid as much as I can - which is really hard at times I admit smile Of course I'm talking not only about Hubpages here

3. Mark Knowles profile image61

Like I said, I have never flagged anyone's hub before, but these are showing up on my hub as "related hubs" and I want nothing to do with them. big_smile

4. gabriella05 profile image61
    gabriella05posted 8 years ago

I have been thumbs down which I don’t mind but they don’t live a comment to why they have thumb you down now that bodes me

5. Mark Knowles profile image61

Yes, that would bode me too. big_smile

6. Denmarkguy profile image95
    Denmarkguyposted 8 years ago

I actually flagged a hub last night, for the first time... in that case because it had a gibberish title, no content, new user, and the same "gibberish" that was in the title had also been left as comments in a number of places.

On the whole, though, I don't bother... if something is obviously BAD, I just click on and probably won't read that person again.

7. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I sometimes check latest hubs in tags which I often post in.  There's a lot of spam - low quality, mutliple hubs with basically the same content  often the thing they are promoting is the same as the hubbers handle.  I figure it does my hubs no good at all if this crap is coming up on related hubs.

8. Mark Knowles profile image61

Yeah, I think I will start flagging them then. Thanks.