jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon no more for NC hubbers....Should I remove the capsules?

1. dineane profile image86
    dineaneposted 7 years ago

What a pain! Not that I was making a killing from Amazon, but I had earned a little $ before they cancelled my account. I can't decide whether to quickly get to work editing my hubs and removing Amazon capsules. I don't use a lot of photos - just lazy - so the Amazon capsules have helped "illustrate" my hubs somewhat.

What would you do? What are other Tarheels doing? Should I just leave them and let HubPages earn their pennies?

2. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Whats going on, first Hawaii, now NC?

3. dineane profile image86

Read all about it:

I got an email warning this might happen a week or so ago, but I never saw the "official" ending. I logged into my account after seeing the news article, and sure enough, it says it's closed.

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

It didn't start in Hawaii, it started last year in New York. And it's not just Amazon. Lots of affiliates who live in New York, lost their entire livlihood and have been scrambling to recover ever since.

I would definitely take off the Amazon capsules. Take a look at Ebay, you might be able to do a substitution for some items, if you're a member of that program. And they don't discontinue that program in NC because of the new internet tax law.

5. dineane profile image86

Thanks, Nelle, that's what I was thinking, too, and I've replaced a few. I don't think I'm going to stress over doing it quickly, though I wonder if it will count as "updating"...hmmm.