jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Tags and search engines

1. Denmarkguy profile image95
    Denmarkguyposted 8 years ago

When we create a new hub, we get to input relevant tags for the topic at hand.

Do these became part of the searchable content of the hub, or are they merely "internal," i.e. used by the hubpages search feature, and to create tag clouds?

I ask, because when I did a "show source" on one of my hubs, I noticed that the "summary" had become part of that hub's meta tags, but I didn't see my tags listed as "keywords."

Just curious as to how this works.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

No, my understanding is different. Tags do not act like keywords on Hubpages. They are used to categorize hubs into topical lists like this http://hubpages.com/tag/psychology/hot

( I just clicked on a tag in one of you hubs to get there smile )

3. Denmarkguy profile image95

Thanks Misha,

I am still trying to understand the "mechanics" of the site. It just makes more sense (to me, anyway) to figure this stuff out up front, rather than having to go in and do endless revisions later, after discovering I have been doing everything "wrong."

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

According to Paul Deeds (mentioned in this thread)

5. Denmarkguy profile image95

I guess that makes it even more important to carefully word summaries.

6. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

If meta keywords ever become important again we may put something in there based on how a hub is tagged.  But they are largely ignored by search engines at this point.

1. dingdong profile image59
      dingdongposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I was searching for it smile I'm glad someone asked it, Thanks Paul big_smile