jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

A new wide based product affiliate program

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Given that Amazon is no longer available in some U.S. states and it seems that number is growing every day. It would be nice if Hubpages would add, another broad based product affiliate program. Yes we have Ebay, but that's not quite the same thing. And alot of hubbers seem to have trouble getting in to it.

One that would continue in states that have internet tax laws. Not every company shuts out affiliates because of this. We should also ask if they accept non-US affiliates.

Personally I haven't been affected - yet. But my neighboring state of RI just passed it....or is about to.

I was thinking about say shopping.com? I don't have an experience with them. But they seem similar to Amazon. I'm sure others will have great suggestions.

1. 61
      coonsterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm just a newbee here, so forgive me if this is out of line, but I think it would be great to explore other affiliate programs too. Amazon, and Ebay, are certinaly giants and broad based, but there's lots of lesser ones out there that are more niche markets, but may still worthy of consideration for there own capsules. Especialy if you have a website that highlights a unique market, like flyfishing, woodworking, or womens accessories

I stumbled across this site "http://www.affiliatescout.com/" that has lots of affiliates in specific markets

2. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Its a nice idea but it must comply with Googles rules on what can be on a page, and if there is an internet tax law you can still use the affiliate, its just taxes need to be added to the area's publishers, I don't see why they wouldn't amend it..they don't lose anything its taken out of the earnings of the user.

1. DonnaCSmith profile image83
      DonnaCSmithposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Amazon has canceled the accounts of us in States (NC for one) that pass the law. I guess they think we'll get it repealed?

3. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Honestly I have done so much better with ebay that I really do not even care much about amazon.  I occasionally use those capsules to add interest to my hubs, but that is about it.

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

SweetiePie that's such encouraging news about Ebay. I've just focussed on them a little, but now I'm looking at Ebay a lot more seriously.

Thranax, we're almost neighbors!

1. thranax profile image59
      thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know we are lol ^_^ Massachusetts!!