jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

what gives you a sense of purpose?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image81
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

what gives you a sense of purpose?

the feeling of acomplishment

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

my kid! big_smile

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Spreading god knowledge.

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I don't usually think in terms of a sense of purpose (within the grand scheme) because I think purpose unfolds over the course of a person's lifetime, and can come either in the form of "one, big, purpose" or a bunch of smaller things that add up to purpose.  I decided to think that way when I was young, and then I had my kids.  That meant that even though I still had my yet-to-unfold "general purpose", I now had a more immediate and urgent purpose of being a parent and "building people".  Then, too, there are smaller "purposes" of doing smaller things that may help other people or make some positive contribution to "the world" somehow. 

Sense of accomplishment is different.  I can get big or small senses of accomplishment from things like work or projects I think are "important", or from something "mundane" (like having the house all clean and attractive).  I have a sense of accomplishment by thinking about a couple of decades of being a parent and raising kids who have remained close, or stayed strong through the difficult times.

I think a sense of purpose and/or of accomplishment are what we end up having when we think in terms of what we give in this life, and in terms of how well we manage our responsibilities to others and ourselves.  They aren't things we just look for and find.  They're things we earn and then discover we have them.

3. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

My children - my family.

4. Lifebydesign profile image78
    Lifebydesignposted 7 years ago

doing what I love doing, and then doing it really well!

5. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

My children!

6. Enelle Lamb profile image85
    Enelle Lambposted 7 years ago

helping others

7. janni321 profile image61
    janni321posted 7 years ago

8. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Staying alive!

9. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Avoiding the Grim Reaper. Or one of the Four Donkey Riders of the Acropilis.

Failing that I have this thing about string.

1. 0
      ralwusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Here ya are froggy, string.
      http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/b03ee8be46f72e64 I had another one and deleted it, too exposed. LOL