jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

other sites for writing

1. Drew Breezzy profile image82
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

what are some good site from writing?

2. 0
    annvansposted 7 years ago

try ehow.com

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

As far as I've run into, this one may be the best of this nature.  Associated Content is a little different but offers possibilities.  Odesk is a site you can sign up with, post your background, and try to get work on an hourly basis.  textbroker.com may have some possibilities.  It's slightly different again.  Then there's Helium, which has some contests and does offer some upfront earning for articles (but you can't remove your stuff once it's on there).   Suite101, Squidoo, and Triond are others.

4. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

I spend most of my time at Hub Pages and Elance but I know people here who do well with Guru and Odesk, and a few who use AC and Squidoo.

Helium is kind of annoying, but some people like it. They have this annoying rating system and their freelance 'opportunities' are kind of exploitive IMO.

5. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

One thing to keep in mind--HP lets you retain all rights to your material, they just ask that you not publish it elsewhere on the web (for obvious reasons). Most of these other places have sign off on some or all of your rights as a condition of writing for them. That may seem like no big deal but after awhile you get to feeling kinda used. yikes

1. Drew Breezzy profile image82
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks smile

good to know

6. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I have a few listed in this hub.

I use the other sites to get backlinks and traffic to my hubs.

1. 61
      fun2hubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's a nice hub.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I wrote a hub about some of my experiences with writing sites:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-Sites-I … -and-Loved