jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Problems with google Analytics

1. viryabo profile image85
    viryaboposted 7 years ago

I read about the importance of using google analytics from a number of forums here on HP.
    However, i have tried unsuccessfully to make it work. My status reports indicates no tracking and i know i have inserted my codes carefully.
    I just cant seem to figure this out.
    The only nagging thought i have is that i inserted the code into the 1st text capsule only. Could this be wrong?
    Should i have inserted it into the last capsule of my page, or into all text capsules on my page?
    Am i making sense?
    I will REALLY APPRECIATE your usual help and advice on this present problem of mine.

1. soni2006 profile image44
      soni2006posted 7 years ago in reply to this

As suggested by viryabo, there is no need to insert codes like we have to do in websites or blogs. Hubpages has a unique system and it has provided a column known as "Google Analytics" in your "AFFILIATE SETTINGS" page. Just edit and insert the analytics ID over there and wait for one day to get full details for your last day traffic and visitor activity.

2. shibashake profile image84
    shibashakeposted 7 years ago

If you are using Analytics with HubPages you don't have to insert any code.

All you have to do is go to your Affiliate Settings and insert your Analytics ID there next to the "Analytics" box.

Caspar also has a great step by step guide on how to link Analytics with HubPages

http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Analytics-for-Hubpages

viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for your response.
      I do have my ID inserted in the Analytics box, but still no tracking. However, im off to read the guide. It might enlighten me further.

3. viryabo profile image85

Thank you soni2006.

4. viryabo profile image85

When i visit my dashboard, to go and check my analytics statistics, the graph is flat, i have 0=visits, 0=page views, 0=pages/visits. But this is not the case as i have a small average of 100clicks/day accross my 15 hubs.
    Something seems wrong somewhere.

1. soni2006 profile image44
      soni2006posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Viryabo just wait for at least 24 hours.

5. traceye profile image78
    traceyeposted 7 years ago

In your analytics dashboard, make sure that you've set your hubpages website profile to: http://hubpages.com and NOT http://www.hubpages.com

It's a small change but it will make sure it tracks correctly.

Thank you Traceye. That may be the problem. I'll go back and check on that.

6. soni2006 profile image44
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

yes that's really necessary Traceye. sorry viryabo, I forgot that to tell you.

Thats okay. I'll go see if that works because i waited the 24hrs, but no data.

working