jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

How We Take Things For Granted

1. Dale Mazurek profile image58
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

I read and read.  In so many cases I can't believe some of the things people don't know or understand and then I realize I am one of those people because I see so many hubs that make me feel dumb.

I can not believe how much I have learned here in the last few weeks.

I really need to write my hubs but love learning about so many things.

1. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Too right.  I learnt from one of Lgali's posts yesterday that you save a lot of money by switching off most electric things in the house before you sleep. Other Hubbers confirmed it. I always have my tv,dvd,laptop etc on standby except for when I'm away on holiday.

So, you certainly learn something new everyday.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  There is some brilliant stuff.  All I write are "doodads" compared to some of the hubs I have read.

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Yeah Dale, been there too smile HP never stops to amaze me smile

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

One of the things I like most about HubPages is that there's so much stuff written that's really good.  I think, compared to a lot of other writing sites, this one seems to have a higher percentage of really good writing/information.

4. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I am glad that you are so giddy and yes you should keep writing. smile

5. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Ya keeep writting and drinking..........:-)))))))

6. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

Since joining HubPages two months ago I am constantly amazed at all the great content on here.

Anyways, if I need info online, the first place I search now is on here, rather than google. If I need a recipe or research on something, it's probably on here!

The cool thing is that I found out about HubPages when I was writing a research paper. I stumbled across a hub  with really unique info related to my topic and thought it looked cool so I bookmarked it. I came back the next day and when I realized that I could write stuff to earn money, I jumped at the chance to sign up!!!

7. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

It is wonderful to find gems of knowledge about something we don't know or contribute something annnd include others for added measure smile when I log off I think ...somebody will appreciate this that and the other thang big_smile it feels wonderful and we are jus amazing wink a round of ^5 , lol

8. illminatus profile image86
    illminatusposted 7 years ago

Dale I actually feel more foolish today than I did yesterday. That's how I know I'm learning.

9. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

I have seen so many educational hubs that I wonder if HP shouldn't somehow hook up with school districts to be a source of reference for school projects.