Heads Up--Please don't take my hub down

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

Carrie Bradshaw is going to flag one of my hubs because she does not like what she is getting back to her responses.
    Now I know Maddie Ruud, will not like this thread and will probably stop it.  I ask you all to read her comments BEDFORE Maddie takes down the Hub What Is A Cult.  Now Carrie has been asked to leave and she has made many false accustaions about me and my threads which she claims have been stopped.  I have recolection of any of my threads being taken down or stopped on HP.  So to be fair and I was perfectly fair to her in allowing her nonsence to go on.  I think she should be talked to about her antics.  She has been asked to leave my hub, but comes back for more.  She wants and needs someone to fight and argu and accuses other of doing so.  I am de-fanning her.  She couldn't get to me via on the thread that Mark started about Women not doing as the Bible says, so she keeps coming back to my ONE hub.  What she is saying has nothing to do with that content of that hub.
    So I guess what I am asking or warning HP is that she may flag my hub out of revenge.  Please do not take my hub down becseu she will only find another wat to do her childish games with me and anyone who says anything different that she doesn't like.
    I AM trying to go by the rules here!

Lady Guinevere

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't see anything wrong with that hub.  If it degenerates into personal attacks in the comments section, or something of that nature, I may have to take action, but as it stands, it's fine.

In future, please email me about such concerns, rather than posting in the forums.

Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I would only she has gotten to more people than I.

I don't want to cause a war, but others need to know of her crap (lack of a better word right now).

2. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

This pseuso-hub drama smells like a diversion tactic from the real important issue: is badcompany99 really Jonnhy Depp???

ps. - sorry JD,I just could not resist it! smile

It has nothing at all to do with that.

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

3. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes he is but it's our secret ok smile

3. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I suggest, for anyone that's having a problem like this, that you simply deny all the comments the user that's bothering you posts to your hubs.  Eventually he or she will get tired of it and give up.  Responding often only makes it worse.

I do not want to be accused or stoop to their level in not giving audience for a differing opinion.  I did tell her that I would allow her comments and not respond to them.this is all rediculous............I am sorry that I said anything

2. anjalichugh profile image68
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did the same a few times and it worked. At least it was better than indulging in a cross fire. smile

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes a poster can get very abusive. Just because their opinion is opposite of yours is no reason to sit and take it in the name of "hearing both sides". Denying their posts (abuse) is only fair.

3. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Maggie. I've done that with really hateful comments, Sometimes I just bow out though and let the commenters duke it out amongst themselves. When comments degenerate into a never ending debate between two sides, I'm done. I feel like, hey, I said my peace in the hub, go write yer own hub if you need to go on and on and on about it. smile

4. Army Infantry Mom profile image59
      Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are absolutly right, responding and reacting only makes it worse.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

All comments on that hub have to be approved by me before they appear.  So she can't play her little games anymore.

5. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Well - I gave it a "thumbs up" These religionists are something else, I must admit. Pretty picture and so filled with hate.....

6. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

When a hub is flagged Management is alerted to the hub that is flagged. They then read the hub and determine if it needs to be pulled. No amnount of flagging will get a hub taken down without management doing so. I have had quite a few hubs flagged in the past, some multiple times, but none taken down. Maddie gave you some great advice.

Thank you for the better understanding of how flagging works.  I was under the impression that one flag and it would be taken down.  Does management also write the author to tell them why a hub was taken down and ways to get it back up?

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Anytime a hub is unpublished by management, the writer will get an email detailing why it was unpublished and is given a chance to fix the hub in question. Not sure how much time to fix it or if there is a limit, but they will not let it be published again until the problem is solved.

7. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Maybe sometimes it is best not to converse with particular people in the forums until things blow over.  Some arguments and debates can seem volatile at the moment, but a few months from now one can even find the humor in certain situations.  There is free speech on the Internet and this site, so I would personally not worry about someone saying they are going to flag you.

1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. If a comment doesn't deserve a response I don't make one (usually... sometimes it's hard to resist).

I only delete them if they are threatening or so hateful they seem to violate the spirit of the place.

8. RGraf profile image86
    RGrafposted 14 years ago

It's a shame when harsh words are exchanged.  Sometimes the best response is no response at all.  No matter who it is.  I had a relative who always wanted to pull me into a fight so that she could show how I could be (basically a trap).  I never took the bait.  I figured that she didn't need my help in looking like a fool.  She did very well all my herself. smile

9. quietnessandtrust profile image61
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

Carrie seems to be a protected hubber and wants to portray an image that she is not. I wrote a 15,000 word hub about her and she responded to like 3 things. 3 easy ones at that.

The Bible named names and so do I...transparency is what is best.

You don't find anyone in the Bible crying "you can't say that, your attacking the other person" No, instead they had COURAGE and dealt with it head on, like a soldier would.

Shalom

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, not often I find myself agreeing with an avowed christian, but that is the worst kind of religionist right there. How can someone with such a pretty image in their avatar be so ugly inside? Makes you wonder.

I am pretty sure there is no such thing as a "protected hubber," though.........

1. quietnessandtrust profile image61
        quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I should have clarified "protected"...as in protected by her fans, thanks for catching my error sir.

10. quietnessandtrust profile image61

All of the below really did happen as GOD is my witness and yet Carrie will not address it and come clean about it. I brought it out BECAUSE she will not be honest with her fans or us.

One of her best fans said this too and if she knew who it was, she would disown them. But you see, that is what "best friends" are for...to tell you the truth no matter what, or they are your enemy who is enabling you to continue in your errors and if they do not say something, THEY will be the one in the hot seat for it.

I am more than willing to reconcile with her. Part of reconciliation is to bring things to light, repent, cry, forgive and make up. It also includes admitting what one did and publicly saying too, unless it was 100% a private matter. This was not the case here.

One Hubber wrote to me “She is a pistol all right. What stories made your hair stand on end?....She has her pages set now where the comments don't even show up at all until she decides whether to put them on there or not. When I became acquainted with her a couple months ago on Hub Pages she was much more humble than she is now. I gave her a lot of encouragement but it seemed to go to her head and eventually she came to see herself as the arbiter of the truth for the HP Community.” (wow, now that's heavy)
    Carrie has deleted that person's comments too and removed herself from being a fan, common for her.

Messiah, Paul, Barnabas, Peter, James, John all got into real, direct, frank, engaging discussions did they not? I mean, they are all spelled out for us, no punches are pulled, nobody was protected. If you have no back and forth, you have a monologue, if you want that, then don't put the comment box up on the hub. Just like "b4u2c" does on his, he just likes to pontificate and have no exchange. Sure glad my Messiah did not do that, imagine what a one way conversation we would have. He enjoys trying to reason with people.

She is seeing a consular to get help for herself as she has told me and others who know her.

"I have a real problem with people who I perceive to oppose me or if I see them as evil, I have no tolerance for it at all and I need to get help for that."

It has been a few weeks that I have not visited hubpages, let alone the forums.  I had to take a break from all the hipocracy, name calling, shoving and alot more that was pointed right at me.  I saw your hub about Carrie was shut down.  I believe it would be defined as a personal attack on another hubber.  Only she doesn't get shut down because of her personal attacks on others.  See there is the very fine line that is drawn that some people like you have pointed out as "protected".  She doesn't even get reprimanded.  Where is the logic in that?

1. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
        Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Another hubber wrote a hub that pointed out her flaws, and one of her friends came in, cried, "PERSONAL ATTACK!" and flagged the hub.  It's getting ridiculous, because her "friends" are treating her like a saint.  Saint Carrie - the patron saint of non-reprehension

Hummmm....all I can say is "tell it like it is, lay it one the line and if so, even to your own hurt, you must tell the truth"

Shalom

11. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

In general, I'll allow comments that disagree with my viewpoint.  I figure it makes it more interesting.  I won't, though, allow comments that are crude or otherwise just not what I want on my Hubs for whatever reason.  Then there will always be the inevitable follow-up comments about "free speech".  I'll post those and I'll respond with (essentially), "It's my Hub, and I can have what I want on it."  Someone who doesn't like what I've written can write their own Hub, vote mine down, report it (and see what happens) - whatever.  Hubbers can keep the drama out of Hubbing if they refuse to "get into it" with some clown who singles them out.

Well I myself do not "do clown speak"...I DO HOWEVER...engage in a fearless search for THE TRUTH in all words, deeds, motives, logic and actions. If someone is willing to post on my hub, I reply to that comment, just like the scriptures do, it is a running commentary, total transparency, absolute  brutal honesty, no political correctness. :-)

That is, if you were talking directly to me.

Shalom

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(I may be misinterpreting your last line, but just in case - nothing I said was directly aimed at you.  I wasn't sure what you meant there.)

I agree, in general, with posting all views and addressing the ones that call for it.  I do that for the most part.  What I won't be bothered with, though, are things like comments that attack me (often because of something the person imagines I "must be") or else comments that just are too against my grain to have on my Hub.  I'll do the whole running commentary thing on most things, but there are some things I'm not going to give "air time" to.  An extreme example might be a Hub about young children, with someone making some absolutely ignorant comment about how to deal with one problem or another.  If I believe someone's comment is potentially hurtful to someone else that's the kind of thing I won't post.

12. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Dear Mark Knowles:

I need to say also that I am NOT as you say an "avowed christian"...I am a believer in the Jewish Messiah known as Yahsuha (we are called "Messianic Jews") and we do have a common belief in Messiah, but are not in bed with the whole Christian community...and I do not swallow hook, line and sinker, everything that comes out of the mouth of a Christian these days. They are a mere shadow of what the original Jewish Messianic Apostles who were truth tellers to the death were, not plastic professors.

Thanks for your feedback sir.

Shalom

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any time.

Sorry - I make no real distinction between the various irrational beliefs - they are all the same to me. wink

Ramen

13. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Well Mark: You wrote:
    "Sorry - I make no real distinction between the various irrational beliefs - they are all the same to me. wink"

"Ramen"......Ummm, would that be "top ramen?"

I am as rational in my beliefs as I was in the comments I posted and found yourself in agreement with. So that is how I think about anything I believe first and foremost.

Logic + reasoning + understanding + wisdom + knowledge = rational belief.

I do this with all things in my life, because I would be a fool not to.

I test everything before I believe it, no matter if it's about my car, my job or my faith. I am not another sheep.

I am wise like a serpent and gentle as a dove.

Is that rational? By this definition?
    1. Relating to reason; not physical; mental.
    2. Having reason, or the faculty of reasoning; endowed with reason or understanding; reasoning.
    3. Agreeable to reason, a rational man.

Shalom

14. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2007/10/09/organic-pacifiers_69.jpg

It is OK for you to do this because you have not had the pleasure of experiencing such things.  Karma!!!!

2. quietnessandtrust profile image61

That's to funny man!!! LOL ROFLMBO !!!

Can you elaborate on that or is that just how many you use?

As far as you saying this Mr. Dent
      SirDent  says: 2 hours ago
      "One sided stories aren't real? Show me Biblical verses for that please."

Just how many passages do you need to prove that the whole story is always told in the scripture, be it a fight among prophets, Jesus and or Paul getting challenged, Moses and Pharaoh's conversations, Myriam and Moses' talks, John The Baptist taking on mockers, Daniel and Nebuchadnezzar, Johan and GOD, Adam and Eve???...The scripture always tell the truth, so that is why it is never a "one sided story" Mr. Dent.

The side of GOD is ONE and true and even HE has a back and forth exchange with anyone who wants to chat and that is why we love to talk to HIM brother. HE is afraid of nothing !!!

I had a lot of comments on the hub I wrote on Carrie, swamped is a good word. With 200 reads in 24 hours I was overwhelmed with comments, so I was replying as fast as I could and then it got yanked.

Had it been left alone and no other hubbers crying about it and handing out pacifiers to other cry babies who can't stand the truth about a "little darling"....the whole truth would have come out!!! Hummmm...just like the scriptures tell it. No matter if it was about King David, we got the whole story, not just one side of it.

i was actually merciful in that I did not post many other emails about her and if I had, maybe your eyes would be opened too.

Shalom

15. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Am I the only one who finds Sir D's pacifier image funny?  I mean, he's the one who rushes into these hubs, baaaawing about how mean we are to Carrie, and yet, when WE say anything HE calls US (implies) that we're a bunch of babies.

Absolutely hilarious

Didn't you know that he is right and everyone else is wrong?  Didn't he tell you that and shove it in your face yet like he has with others as well...even those he calls friends.

You mean Sir Dent is god?  O:

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
          Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This entire thread is turning into a personal attack.  If another hubber is breaking our rules (regarding personal attacks or anything else), please send an email to team(at)hubpages(dot)com or simply flag the hub or post in question.  If you have personal issues with another hubber, please do not air them in the forums.

16. quietnessandtrust profile image61

No Sanctus...did you not see my hub of a comment to him??

Huh?  I guess not, but what does that have to do with my comment?

17. quietnessandtrust profile image61

You said "am I the only one..."

18. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Just read up Sanctus

Oh, yeah, alright.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)