Think Like A Billionaire!

1. my-success-guru profile image60
    my-success-guruposted 7 years ago

There are over 6 billion people on the face of our planet today, but only 587 are billionaires.

Have you ever considered becoming a billionaire? Well, first I will give you the bad news; the odds of reaching that goal are close to ten million to one. So, what’s the good news? If you think like a billionaire, you won’t care what the odds are. Billionaires don’t care about common sense or conventional wisdom. They chase after their vision no matter how crazy or idiotic other people think it is.

What do you think?

2. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

As I see it, you've essentially got it right--but only the simplified version.  If a goal consumes you, be it becoming a billionaire or anything else, you will eventually make progress toward that goal.  There are least two caveats, however:  Have you decided on something possible or impossible, and are you willing to pay the price.

Odds of ten million to one are still within the realm of possibility.  Not a very high probability, surely, but definitely possibility.  If your goal is to win the Miss America pageant and you're a fifty year old male with a weight problem, you're just nuts and you're not going to get there from here.  That would be an example of "impossibility". 

An example of "Is it worth the price?" could well be my own experience with rodeo.  By the age of six, I'd set myself the goal of becoming the World Champion Saddle Bronc Rider.  Later, at the age of nineteen, with a few years of actual experience in rodeo competition under my belt, I realized I wasn't willing to pay the price:  The guys chasing the gold buckle were clocking between 200,000 and 300,000 miles per year (combination of road miles and air miles) and hitting 300 rodeos per year or so, never slowing down, 24/7, 365,

So I targeted a slightly lower goal: To make it to the National Finals (top 15 earning riders in any given year) in the Bull Riding (at which I'd turned out to be much more competitive than I was as a Saddle Bronc Rider)...and to make it there by the age of 24. 

Once again, at the age of 22 and with everything looking like it was on track to reach THAT goal, I suddenly realized I was unwilling to pay even that price and walked away from rodeo cold turkey.

But then, what do I know?  Because, no, I have never seriously considered becoming a billionaire.  A few dozen million would be nice, but that's about it.