jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How Many Amazon Capsules Would Be "Plenty"?

1. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

I just climbed up the ladder and  jumped off the high board, that is, signed up with Amazon (until now I've worked with AdSense only because I'm, well...lazy!).

Having given it some thought and scanned a few other Hubbers' way of placing the Amazon capsules, and now receiving word from Amazon that I'm approved as an Affiliate, I need to start adding Amazon to my Hubs.

Seems to me I read something once, a year ago maybe, that 2 Affiliate capsules per Hub was okay, or maybe 3, but not (duh) all over the place.  Only trouble is, I don't seem to be having much luck finding that post again.  Anybody (Staff or experienced Hubber) know for sure what HubPages policy is on this?

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on how much content you have.

The more original content, the more room to incorporate Amazon capsules into your layout without it looking cluttered.

It will also depend on what you're writing about, how much products are available, and how well it relates.

In this hub I pretty much lump all the Amazon products together.

In this one, the Amazon capsules are more spaced out because there are specific machines (products) related to each type of exercise, I group them with the information that directly relates to it.

And in this one I have only one product (it's an Ebay capsule, though could have been Amazon, however due to the Capstone hub program criteria I was better off going with the Ebay capsule) because there's not many products related to the topic.

I don't think there's going to be a one size fits all guideline. It will depend on personal preference and what feels right. As long as you feel that you've done each hub justice with the amount and type of product selections then just go with it. I'd rather have too few products than too many.

Mark Knowles hubs are worth looking at. He makes a lot of Amazon sales so he must be doing something right! smile

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Darkside your contribution is so very good. You are very kind to be so thorough. This type of intent causes me to continue gaining respect for you as a person, may I say "Well done indeed"

4. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 7 years ago

I am probably not the best person to ask since this hub  I just published has 17 amazon/eBay capsules!  It also has over 1,200 words of content, though.  But, that is just the type of hubs I build.  They don't all have that many, but I do incorporate a lot of money making capsules.  It must be working since I make affiliate sales daily. 

I also second what Earnest said, Darkside Rocks! smile

5. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the great info, darkside, and thanks for the interesting question.

6. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Thanks, folks.  Got the picture(s)!