jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

AdSense Questions

1. N. Ramius profile image82
    N. Ramiusposted 7 years ago

These may be really stupid questions but I'd appreciate an answer. I think my questions are mostly variations of the same thing. (If I were not asking half asleep I may have been able to phrase this simpler) 

Does everyone who clicks on the same hubpage see the same google ads?

What if they come from Google and use different keywords? As I have high and low paying keywords in my tag I'm wondering how the ads could change. In a targeted high paying CPC keyword, does adding low paying keywords mean I could end up with high and low paying ads? Or one of the extremes? or some other option?

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No. It depends on a number of factors - geographical location, method of arriving at the page and more recently - past individual browsing history.

2. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

Unless your hubpage is correctly optimized with the best paying keywords, chances are you'll be displaying ads for those low-paying ads you're talking about. This depends on your CTR as well as level of traffic. Most advertisers don't like to pay $12 bucks for a click on a page that only gets 10 views a day. They save these funds for google search engine traffic and pay for their ads to be displayed with google search results, on the front page, instead.

I try to choose keywords that have a ton of different high-paying ones for the same topic. It's wise to stay away from words that pay a lot but almost every other word related to the topic are low paying. This means, that high paying word is probably a fluke (there may not even be any advertisers for it anymore) and again, they probably pay that much for their ads on the SE results page.

1. janni321 profile image61
      janni321posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks foe sharing your keyword selection strategy.
      I was just thinking how wise you are wink