jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (23 posts)

Hubpages Vacancy

1. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

I read so many Postings in Forums and I'm beginning to wonder if it will be helpful to have a Mediator. Help me out with a possible Ad.

Vacancy – Hubpages Mediator

Job Description
    1) Read/Monitor every Posting/thread.

2) If people are attacking each other, press button and make them inactive for 30 minutes, allowing them time to cool down.

3) Ensure postings are in the right Forum.

4) If any Hubber uses a foul word. Press a button which will give them a vibration through their pc as a warning.

5) Regular checking of Hubbers identities to ensure they are not duplicated.

Essential Requirements:
    a) Must have no interest in religion.
    b) Must not have any friends or relations on Hub Pages.
    c) Must be able to read quickly and understand slangs.

Salary and hours TBC.

Feel free to add to or edit this Advert.
    (I'll be back tomorrow to check your responses)

1. onthewriteside profile image73
      onthewritesideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lady-E,  You seem like a nice woman so I don't want to sound too harsh, but....that's like major "Big Brother" stuff there.  It's bad enough that Freedom of Speech is being stifled in the US, (a country founded on the principle), but to do it here??  I have to disagree.  I have no problems with a moderator maintaining the original spirit of the thread, (if a majority of the active participants agree), but drawing that line is a dangerous thing.  I will have to say that Jenny, the "agreed upon moderator" of the Atheism vs Theism forum, did, and has continued to do, an outstanding job of being very non-partisan to the rules the OP set up.  If you're talking about something like that, then fine...but once we create a "standard" by which all threads must abide, then we have another issue entirely.

2. 0
    annvansposted 7 years ago

I am first to apply.  I do not have a job, so I had better get this job.

3. 0

And since I have to do all these things, I want this to be a high paying pie job too.

4. bgpappa profile image86
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

Think it is a great idea and throw my hat in the ring.

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

I take it you did not participate in any other public internet forums but Hubpages. smile Trust me, Hubpages is an innocent cooing in comparison to most other public boards. smile

But if you guys (those who want this service) will put up your money to pay this person, I don't have any problem with this. However, if you plan to have HP increasing their share of impressions to fund this extra staff - I am against. smile

6. 0

Look here, I dont know what is going on, all I know is that I want a job.  I did not read the application correctly.  I just see dollar signs. lol

7. fortunerep profile image61
    fortunerepposted 7 years ago

Did someone say something about money
    dori

8. 0

Any money changing hands will be mine, I applied first.  Its first come first serve.  No one but me will be getting money...nope.

1. fierycj profile image86
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

get your paper, gurl. Dont let nobody tell ya different.

9. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Not me hmm I don't want to inflict shock treatment for anybody tongue lol lol

10. 0

I will get this job.  I am perfect candidate.  I am self centered, greedy and don't mind messing with someone who messes up.

1. fierycj profile image86
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I like you already. I'm fanning you, fast.

11. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Maddie already has this job...

I do like the idea of a cooling down period though...

12. 0

I better get this job or I will be really upset.  I dont even know what I will be doing though.  As long as I make money I will be fine.  I really shouldn't worry about it since I am rich off of hubpages. lol.

13. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

OK, thanks for the responses. Word has reached me that Maddie has this job so the post has been changed to Hubpages Mediator Assistant.

Annvans - best candidate so far. Looking at the thread, she’s been the most passionate. However, Hubpages, if you want it to be  fair recruitment, I don’t mind helping you shortlist and interview. All I need is a first class flight to your head office with humble accommodation. Preferably penthouse as I’m crostrophrobic.  What’s that word. Aaah… Claustrophobic.

Also one driver and a simple basic car like a Limo or Hummer to drive me round. $2000  for expenses  for the week and as an act of good will on my part I’ll do the interviews for free. (half a day).  Annvans - Top candidate.

14. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

And you can get to know Frank!

Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Frank? Is he the Big Boss?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this
          Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just reading your response. I must say, Frank is Cute.

15. 0

If I dont get this job, I don't know what I will do....

16. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I just want to be the one who gets to zap people.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol..I bruise easily

working