Please let me know what you think of my 1st hub

1. djtphn1 profile image81
    djtphn1posted 8 years ago

New, joined today, will you read my hub and tell me what you think of it and give me some pointers?  Would sure appreciate it and I will do the same for anyone who asks.
    here is my hub address: … isoning-Us

2. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Your writing looks fine to me but I am not an expert in that area - others here are! I would say that I find putting links thru the text a little distracting and I would maybe look at adding a link module.  One of the good things about HP is that you line up relevant refs with the text they fit with - I think I managed it OK in this hub as an example … ps--Advice
    I also try to generally break up text with photos/videos/ even the amazon/ebay ads because of the way people scan text very quickly on the internet.
    The other option is too put links at the bottom as further refs 
    Hope this helps

3. Jerrico Usher profile image61
    Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago

Yea and one thing i learned quickly is always break every 6 lines of text (I forget if you did this is just a suggestion to all who are reading this) people generally feel at ease reading in 6 line chunks, it gives them a landmark for example to go get a drink and continue reading where they left off, if its more than 6 lines in a paragraph it gets busy on the eyes and makes them read more before taking that bathroom break if they need it..

The pictures thing is brilliant too, great idea, pictures take their eyes off the text long enough to "cleanse the pallete" all the while allowing them to stay in charictor to the reading smile and pictures are powerful ways to explain your mood on the paragraph, even a picture that is benign can convey the mood of the author in that paragraph.. very lovely.. I tend to thouroughly enjoy reading messages wtih pictures, they just feel nice..