jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Would you be willing to give up TV for the next 7 years if it would

1. my-success-guru profile image60
    my-success-guruposted 7 years ago

help feed 2,000 starving children in a foreign country?  Why or why not? Man I should have said computer!!!

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There's a better chance that in the next 7 years I'd have done something to help the plight of plenty more.

2. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I really do not watch tv at all so it wouldn't bother me. I would be willing to give up tv for the next seven years, aer you taking a poll? Why do you ask? smile

1. my-success-guru profile image60
        my-success-guruposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This was just a question relating to values from my new book I'm about to release. Hey stop by some time smile

3. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would have to know how it was helping them.  If I knew, for a fact, that 2,000 starving children would get fat and healthy due to a trivial sacrifice, of course I would give it up.

2. my-success-guru profile image60
    my-success-guruposted 7 years ago

I would do it! Even though it would be tougher without a computer!

3. meetbrandon profile image83
    meetbrandonposted 7 years ago

Absolutely.  Most programming on TV today isn't very good anyways compared to the amazing amount of literature in the world!

4. trish1048 profile image80
    trish1048posted 7 years ago

Why not starving children everywhere?  Not just in foreign countries.
    And you're right, you should have said computer smile
    TV, it would bother me but I'd do it.

1. Jeniferr profile image85
      Jeniferrposted 7 years ago in reply to this

In America, I don't think we do enough for the starving people we have here.  I would try and give up TV to help but it would be nearly impossible.  Everywhere you go there are TVs and I would have to avoid hanging out at my friends' and relatives' houses as well.

5. Philent profile image79
    Philentposted 7 years ago

Yup, I sure will! I think I can live without it.

6. airportparking profile image60
    airportparkingposted 7 years ago

definitely! don't even watch that much tele!

7. 0
    DarwinsLaureateposted 7 years ago

Computer wise it's not something I would give up. Television, sure, because its outdated and outmoded and lacks much good content.

8. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

TV: Basically have already given it up for the most part, so yeah...  And if I could really help, definitely, yeah--and it's just passive entertainment, for the most part.

Computer...that's a little different.  That's a tool I make my livelihood on for one thing.  And I think Darkside may be a little on to something.  Would the world be better really if I didn't write--something of a vocation & what I've been doing since I was about 5-6 or something?  Hmmmm.

9. Cam Anju profile image72
    Cam Anjuposted 7 years ago

TV, you bet.. computer.. not so sure, I think I can help in a better way WITH my computer. wink

10. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I live without a car, a cell phone or a television.

11. illminatus profile image88
    illminatusposted 7 years ago

If such a thing were possible... Why not.