Hwo to avoid eating sweet stuff

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (63 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image56
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

I needs anything sweet after my food any advice other than not go near

1. apeksha profile image66
      apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

will power ..only that can stop u ..

1. Lgali profile image56
        Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for this how to get this will power I am trying for many years

1. apeksha profile image66

`
          when the food is in front of u...think about what  the drawbacks of eating extra sweets, ..---- that will cause u to become more fat, ten u will look ugly, u would not enjoy to wear swim suits and slimy dress, boys will no longer look at u.
          you think that u r the most desirable woman in the world and feel like celebrity so that u must not eat ...sweets...the will power will automatically bust up....

2. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no problem eating sweet food after your meal.But take a bit less Lgali.

1. Lgali profile image56

I take less but still i can not avoid totally

1. andromida profile image56

Sounds great.Then why don't you try some alternative of sweet food which is the second best in your fav list.Continue that for a couple of weeks and you will see the change by yourself.

1. Lgali profile image56

good idea thnaks i type wrong again

1. Lgali profile image56

yesterday i try to eat fruit but my craving did not stop

1. andromida profile image56

Why don't you try it today also.Keep trying one more week.or just don't keep any sweet food in your house for the next week.

1. Lgali profile image56

i will do thanks for suggestion

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Me too , the only answer for me is to wire my jaw up big_smile

1. Lgali profile image56

very funny i wish i could do same very hard for me to avoid sugary stuff

2. apeksha profile image66

I answered that very well , read it,...mam.

3. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Shirley Anderson wrote a hub about how to beat sugar cravings:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Sugar-Sensitivi … -and-Tired

She also recommended a book, which I ordered last week and just got in the mail today. I'm actually headed off to read it right now! big_smile

After reading Shirley's article, it made me think about how I couldn't imagine not eating sugar and desserts - a sure sign of addiction, for sure!

Yes, it's ok to eat sugar once in a while, but I REALLY love it and I know I would feel better and much more healthier from refraining from refined sugar and carbohydrates.

4. spiderpam profile image75
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

Me three! I'm coo-coo for Snickers, Twix and Peppermints.

5. Teresa McGurk profile image59
    Teresa McGurkposted 14 years ago

I've tried drinking a cup of coffee every time I want to eat sweets, I munch on raw green beans or raw carrots instead, I drink orange juice (although there is natural sugar in that it isn't as much as in a Hershey bar). 

I don't know what to try next.  Yesterday I got in the car to go get ice cream (chocolate extreme blizzard with extra stuff), the craving was so bad. 

So if anyone has a way to help, I'd appreciate hearing it, too.

EDIT:  I just read girly_girl's comment, and Shirley's hub.  Thanks for the link -- it's great advice.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Have some fruit instead.

7. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Yoghurt? or savoury things like litte scotch eggs?  peanuts?

Fruit is best though. (Grapes, Strawberries...)

Smoothy?

1. Lgali profile image56

wow lot of choices thanks

8. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

The only thing that worked for me was to stop with sweets, completely.  Now, on occasion, I eat sweets and it is really a treat.  Your body can develop a dependency on sweets like drugs.

1. Lgali profile image56

how to avoid very difficult

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
        Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is very difficult, but I just said no, unless it was special occasion.  When I was pregnant with my daughter, I ate tons of sweets, and I gained way too much weight.  I will eat a cookie, occasionally, and sweets on special occasions, but I don't even think about sweets on a daily basis.

9. apeksha profile image66
    apekshaposted 14 years ago

Look at the sweets and tell him..sorry I can't eat u...wait...sorry..say me thanks..bye bye..sweets..

10. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

I don't keep sweets around the house on a regular basis. That way I'm not as tempted to eat them, and when I do have a craving, I have to decide if it's really serious enough to make a special trip to the store. Usually it's not.

When I do get sweets, I get higher quality stuff. Even though it's more expensive, it satisfies me more with a smaller amount, so I break even both in dollars and calories. As often as not, I find that it's really the fat in a pint of Ben and Jerry's or a bar of 72% cocoa dark chocolate that I'm craving anyway, not the sugar. I can eat a small cup of B&J's and be satisfied, where lower quality ice cream will take a heaping bowlful.

1. Lgali profile image56

thanks for good advice. How to tell your spouse not buy sweets most difficult thing in home.

11. charlemont profile image76
    charlemontposted 14 years ago

I end my meals with green tea (no sugar added) and easily live week after week without candies at all. Bananas, peaches are tasty sweeteners to replace sugar.

1. Lgali profile image56

is green tea is good for sugar addcition?

12. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I very rarely have sweets in the house since one of my kids is a diabetic. But when I do, it's little things like Hershey Kisses. When I get a chocolate craving, one little Hershey Kiss can satisfy it just as well as a piece of chocolate cake.

13. James S. Thornton profile image61
    James S. Thorntonposted 14 years ago

My advice would be to just not buy it in the first place.

Self discipline starts in the super market.

1. Lgali profile image56

thanks for advice

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree James,wholeheartedly but
      I just ate a snickers bar washed down with a caramel milkshake and damn it was good!!! smile no regrets ,just pleased to be alive.

3. Lgali profile image56

very nice

14. Ms Chievous profile image67
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Everytime you have  a temptation to eat sweets think about how the sugar just turns to fat.  That seemed to have worked for me.  I haven not had a sugary soft drink or chocolate in over a month and I dropped ten pounds.  I have gotten into a habit of eating fruit in place of the sweet stuff and now I crave the fruit rather than the things I shouldn't eat.  Hopefully I can keep this up for another ten pounds??

1. Lgali profile image56

fruits are good choice but very hard to change

1. Ms Chievous profile image67
        Ms Chievousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then start out with fruits with a low fat whipped topping, yougurt or a sugar free chocolate dip.. work your way into eating the fruit by itself

1. Lgali profile image56

very nice advice thanks

15. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

The easiest thing for me is just not to buy sweets.  I just would rather buy fruit and keep healthy snacks on hand.  Of course eating sweets once a week is okay, and helps to fight those gravings.

1. Lgali profile image56

thanks for good advice

16. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Sugar is an important part of nutrition..but sugar can take many forms.  There is fructose, which is a simple sugar thata can be found in fruits and certain root vegetables like beets.  Glucose which is a byproduct of the body's metabolism.  Finally, there is sucrose, which is a combination of fructose and glucose.  It is commonly known as sugar.  When metobalized, it is broken down into fructose and glucose.

It's important to remember that our bodies require sugar in moderate amounts, but from what is written before me, there is a concern of over-consumption of sugar.

If this is the case, then I agree that one should not purchase these items as a temptation for weak times of need.  For me, I drink a lot of water (5L per day) and eat lots of fruit and vegetables.  I use to be addicted to sugar -- in tea, coffee, desserts, candies, cake, you name it.  Even ate it off a spoon whenever I had the chance.

I found that once I was able to cut back on the intake, my taste for sugar changed.  The less I ate it, the more I noticed it in other foods.  Before long, these foods became too sweet for me to eat.  That's how I cut back on my sugar intake.  smile   

Now, chocolate, that's a whole different story!!! lol

1. Lgali profile image56

wow very excellent advice thanks I will try

17. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

I never buy sweets to bring home, and getting into the car to buy sweets is just too much work after I am at home and comfy..

1. Lgali profile image56

that only works if u are alone but with spouse and children

1. HealthCare Basics profile image60
        HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I see your point on that one..... smile

1. Lgali profile image56

very hard thing i find

18. Lgali profile image56
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

any body other than me have same problem?

19. Eaglekiwi profile image74

No sugar on days that end in 'Y' diet, lol lol

1. Lgali profile image56

waht is y diet

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Y Diet

MondaY
        TuesdaY
        WednesdaY
        ThursdaY
        FridaY

No sugar on Y days...smile

20. profile image0
    Hack Retisposted 14 years ago

Move to Korea, they virtually use no sugar in most recipes.

Interesting but if they keeps mishaving ,I wont need a diet lol

1. Lgali profile image56

good one

1. Lgali profile image56

Now i am eating fruits miss my sweets

1. Lgali profile image56

yesterday i did eat sweets

2. Lgali profile image56

very nice idea for sugar

3. Lgali profile image56

i will do that thanks

21. profile image0

Haha.

That's only the bad side, I've never met a bad Korean who was free to work for Samsung. Or the other two companies in Korea.

22. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Actually my son wants to go there , or China the whole culture thing has his undivided attention.
    We have had some great discussions on Communism recently.

I am so ignorant about South n North Korea ( one part America supports ,the other not?)

oops sorry which thread is this...yep sorry
    back to brownies smile

23. profile image0

Mm, brownies.

South Korea is the good one. And communism is the same as capitalism. wink

North Korea has a fetish for track suits, so I've stricken them off my list of Do-Gooder Nations.

Thankyou smile

24. profile image0

It was (a) Know problem. wink

25. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I lived for decades without ever eating anything sugary (except when someone gave me candy for a holiday).  You just get used to not eating it after a while.  The one thing I did do, though, was have a cup of tea every day after lunch and add a single packet of sugar.  I saw it as my "dessert" - and it got the taste of whatever salad I'd eaten (sometimes tuna or egg) away.

1. Lgali profile image56

thanks lisa i think u do not have those sweet teeth we sugar loving prople has..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)