jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Having hubscore troubles.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image81
    IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years ago

I am having hubscore troubles.  I have built a couple hubs about certain colors.  They are a promotional marketing hubs geared to make money hopefully.  I've listed them under entertainment followed by photo galleries.  [Because they are not loaded down with information.]  The hubs intended purpose is to show the audience a wide variety of things in one particular color.  They are pictures that someone could use a wallpaper and screen savers.  But they are getting terrible hubscores.  It takes me about 3 hours a piece to sort through miles of photographs to pick for these hubs.  And I like them alot.  But I must be doing something wrong here.  Can you all please help me out?  Please be brutally honest.  Because I intend to do more colors.  It was my intention to focus on the color yellow and green today.  So what should I do to make these work?  Thank you for your added extra teamwork to helping me make my hubs successful.  Here is a link to one that is not working at all:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Pimp-Daddy-Purple.  I also have one called Baby Boo-Boo Blues.  That one is doing just as bad.  Do I have these in the wrong catagory or something?  Or are they really just crap?  If they are crap, what can I do to make them shine?

1. Koby profile image61
      Kobyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your hubs are fine.  The only thing i don't see that i want to see is a place for comments.

My second most popular hub is one about the color yellow, and it's score is 63 at the moment, so don't worry too much about the hubscore.  The hubscore also seems to fluctuate depending on how many people view or comment on your hub.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Stop worrying about Hubscore!  All new Hubbers get Hubscore back to front. 

Good traffic will lead to a better Hubscore.  A better Hubscore won't lead to paying traffic.

However there are a few things I hope you will consider.

First of all, do you have the legal right to use those photographs?  There are very few acknowledgments of the photographers so I'm guessing you may have copied them from the internet without permission.  I know some people get photos from Photobucket, assuming they are free to use - but most photos on Photobucket are stolen.

Second, how do you expect these to make money?  To make money on Hubs, they need to be about a topic people are looking for.  If someone types "orange" into a search engine, I can't imagine what they would be looking to buy.  Maybe I'm missing a point here somewhere.

3. RGraf profile image86
    RGrafposted 7 years ago

Scores are like fine wine.  They need time to age.  I published one when I first joined HubPages.  It did pretty good but never really got over an 80.  Now 10 months later it is being picked up on google and has reached a score of 99. 

Scores fluctuate.  If you become obsessed with the score, you'll have unnecessary anxiety.  Focus on quality which can be reflective in comments.