jump to last post 1-25 of 25 discussions (33 posts)

Facebook vs. Myspace

1. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Which do you prefer to use?

1. anjalichugh profile image88
      anjalichughposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My Space is good for traffic but I found people very rude out there. Facebook is more like a High School hangout joint (as Pgrundy pointed out) where everyone is nice but isn't really much of a help for traffic.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have not really had many rude encounters on Myspace because all I really do on that site is post a blog talking about my writings.  I would definitely not use the forum on Myspace, but my blog there does bring some traffic.  I just do not update it very often, but that is okay by me.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I prefer FB.  It is a little less flashy, and more personable.

3. Balinese profile image60
      Balineseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

face book i guess - cos i got so many dogde email on myspace !!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I really, really, really, really hate My Space. So I guess I prefer Facebook smile

3. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

I joined Facebook because all the promote-yer-writing sites said to do it, but sometimes I wish I hadn't. It's kind of annoying. I mean, I haven't really found a use for it. I publish all my articles to my Facebook page but it kind of reminds me of Junior High. And I hate all those dumb pretend plants and pretend snacks and pretend whatevers...geez. Don't people have anything to do?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What Pam said.

4. SweetiePie profile image82

I do not hate Myspace, but I do tend to receive more traffic from that site than Facebook, even though I do not update my page often.  However, I like the features of Facebook a little bit more.

1. CamiloATW profile image59
      CamiloATWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you check out Aroundtheway.com you'll find out that it has more features than myspace and facebook such as video chat, radio, virtual dressing room and more. Its alot more user friendly and easy to navigate

2. ChRiiStiOn profile image60
      ChRiiStiOnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Facebook is better in different ways than myspace. theres more spam on myspace.

5. getpaidtopost profile image60
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

I like neither of them as they both have to many limits, This is why I created a similar sort of site with no limits this is available at bumdig.com

6. manlypoetryman profile image71
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

uninvited writer and pgrundy both stated my feelings completely.
    Although...I did get back in touch with a lot of old friends through Facebook...so I am glad for that.

7. Drew Breezzy profile image82
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

I like how myspace is customizable more entertaining but the truth is myspace is slowly dying

facebook now has more users

none of my friends use myspace anymore

so Facebook is where it is at

8. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Facebook. I never got the hang of Myspace.  With Facebook I can have a page for my business.

9. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I mostly use Facebook for looking at photographs from friends and family, and play the odd game or two. And for highlighting my writings. I have a few applications on my site but I don't use most of them all that much.

10. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Facebook vs. Twitter?

1. getpaidtopost profile image60
      getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you can not compare these are not the same.

11. Philent profile image79
    Philentposted 7 years ago

I haven't tried myspace yet. Facebook is ok. smile

12. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

i signed up for facebook  a while ago and haven't had any activity. recently i signed up with  myspace and find it to be more user-friendly.there are more options and it's easier to find people you may know...of course there's people who you don't want to know also LOL
    that's my opinion.

13. spiderpam profile image58
    spiderpamposted 7 years ago

14. drummer boy profile image61
    drummer boyposted 7 years ago

I prefer Myspace for my DJ Business and Facebook for my family and friends contact.  I did a study and Facebook gets twice as many hits per day than Myspace does.  This kind of surprised me.  Nice topic to bring out SweetiePie.

15. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

I have to check my Facebook account right now!

16. dawei888 profile image60
    dawei888posted 7 years ago

Definitely Facebook. MySpace sucks. Not enough privacy settings.

Facebook has more privacy controls. If you submit something to MySpace that you want to retract it's very hard. That said, some exposure on MySpace is necessary simply because it's so big.

17. SweetiePie profile image82

I just do not put information I do not want people to see online whether it be Myspace of Facebook.  Actually you can set your entire account to private on Myspace just as you can with Facebook.

18. Eternal Evolution profile image85
    Eternal Evolutionposted 7 years ago

I prefer myspace, i tryed facebook and just didn't really care for it much.

19. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago

Facebook all the way.

20. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I don't know Facebook, but I signed up for MySpace because writing sites say people should.  I got there and didn't know what I was "supposed to be doing" once I did.  I added a bunch of stuff to the page and pretty much let it rot for - like - a couple of years.  It was funny (and kind of embarrassing) that there was, "You have no friends".   lol  I only know how to make friends naturally (even online).  I don't know how to go looking for "friends" on something the like the whole world of MySpace.  I don't even know how to be a "friend" under those circumstances.  smile

21. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

Myspace seems to be best for music now, but not a lot else ... everything else that it does can be done on facebook now (other than the customizing thing). But when (and I'm sure it won't be long) Facebook lets people upload music like myspace does then myspace will completely die.

I am on facebook constantly, mainly to use facebook chat although fb chat is the biggest pile of rubbish. It tells me there are 7 people online when in fact there are 3 or 10. and it puts MOST people in alphabetical order but then seems to get confused and put people in the wrong places! Sometimes it doesnt work at all, sometimes it doesnt send my messages, sometimes it tells me someone is online when they are not. I am NOT impressed!!

Rant over.

22. Research Analyst profile image80
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

Facebook will definitely be the leader in social networks, becaue they plan on connecting all of the web so each person on facebook can find everything they are looking for in one spot, Facebook will dominate myspace but probably on a different social setting.

23. hersame profile image81
    hersameposted 7 years ago

Myspace makes me want to vomit.  It's clearly more for advertising yourself (business, etc).  Facebook seems more personal.

I honestly don't have either.

24. 0
    annvansposted 7 years ago

I don't use either, dont want nobody in my business.  lol.

25. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Myspace is still around???