jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Has Hubtivity Gone Mad?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

I just checked in on "Hubtivity", only to find numerous "awards" to different hubbers for such things as having published a mere 10 hubs!!!! These so called "awards" covered nearly two pages, and to me, somehow belittled the point in having these awards in the first place. After all, if so many people can get these awards in such a short timespan, who is going to bother reading who got what, and why? It is great to have these awards as an encouragement, but doesn't it defeat the object if loads of hubbers get them every five minutes or so?

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Uncheck the box Cindy, and you won't see them any more smile

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

Thanks Misha, I can do that, but surely this is still madness and does nothing for the awards system in terms of credibility! It makes me NOT want to earn awards if it is so easily achieved.

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Well, I never really looked into this, but I believe they are different. Like you get a different design of a medal for say 10 or 1000 hubs. Still a medal though smile

5. Philent profile image79
    Philentposted 7 years ago

Oh I've seen that too. But I guess it happen for a purpose, they got the medal because they've accomplished something. I mean 1000 views isn't that easy to achieve especially for a new hubber like me. And one more thing as I've read somewhere there were 50000 or more hubbers as of this time, so it is not unusual if some will get the medal at the same time. I want a medal too! lol

6. wannabwestern profile image89
    wannabwesternposted 7 years ago

I've been trying to write 100 hubs for over 16 months. With significant life challenges (3 moves in 10 months, buying and selling a house, and giving birth to my third child). I'm close but still not there yet.

I think we all realize that 10 hubs isn't the same achievement as 100, but it is still significant to a new Hubber, especially if they are working hard at writing quality hubs. They deserve the recognition and it is most certainly an incentive to keep it up.