jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Are the ebay and amazon search engines down?

1. rb101182 profile image85
    rb101182posted 9 years ago

I have a hub on here that I had ads for a book I was talking about. the ads are gone, and ebay and amazon revenue capsule search engines say that theres no record found when I search for it, but there's plenty of these books on their sites. Any advice?

2. profile image0
    simcoposted 9 years ago

Seems to be a problem somewhere !!!

Amazon is not showing any items in my Hubs and the rss link to Yahoo news items seems to be down. sad

3. Debbie Cook profile image73
    Debbie Cookposted 9 years ago

mine are gone also.

I just clicked on the top hub under Hub's and they have Amazon items showing.

4. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I just checked a bunch of my Hubs, and my retail capsules are still showing products.

5. rb101182 profile image85
    rb101182posted 9 years ago

thanks guys, I thought it was just me.

6. Debbie Cook profile image73

Some of my hubs have amazon some do not. Do I need to edit my hubs and try to put the amazon items back on? I dread doing that because when I do my scores will probably drop. This is a bad time for this to happen.

7. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 9 years ago

For the people who are having stuff disappear, do you pick the items for your capsules by ASIN or do you have it set for keyword search?

8. WordPlay profile image75
    WordPlayposted 9 years ago

I have a mix of ASIN and keyword results, depending on the capsule. I've had a hard time getting keyword results to be targeted enough. When that happens, I switch to ASIN. Half of the ASINs didn't work though, even before this problem with disappearing results.

9. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

I'm looking into the problem now.  There is no reason why editing a hub would drop it's score, but if you're just patient I think we'll get to the bottom of things pretty soon.

One reason why some hubs might show amazon and others not is that we cache the results from the amazon web service for 2 hours.  So if there is a temporary problem connecting to amazon it will gradually get worse over the course of 2 hours, and then gradually improve again over 2 hours once connectivity is restored.

10. WordPlay profile image75
    WordPlayposted 9 years ago

Thanks, Paul. I feel better already knowing that this is being addressed. smile

11. profile image0
    simcoposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply Paul.

Looks like it's all working again. smile

12. Debbie Cook profile image73

I have edited a few of my hubs and Amazon capsule is still holding the content.

I guess that I was wrong about editing the hub and making the score go down. I edited the same hub several days ago and it immediately dropped 3 or 4 points and then built back up after that. Sorry if I jumped to conclusions.

working