jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Extra spaces in comments

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

This problem has been around for ages and I'm wondering if a fix is in the pipeline?

When you post a comment on a Hub, you get two blank lines between each paragraph, and sometimes a couple more blank lines at the end of the comment. 

If you post a long comment, the extra blank lines can make it very l-o-o-o-o-n-g indeed.  When there are lots of comments, scrolling down can get tedious - when the comments are longer because of all the empty space, it's twice as tedious!

Personally, I always go back and edit my comment to remove the extra lines if I can.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

I believe Larry's been looking into this, but I'm not sure that he's figured out what's happening yet (it's not universal).  He'll be back on Monday, and hopefully can provide an update.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's been a problem for me for ages, but just recently I'm seeing it in nearly every other comment on every Hub I visit - so either it's getting worse, or people are getting tired of editing to remove them.

3. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

oo I hope he fixes it. I'm tired of having to go back and re-edit comments to remove the spaces.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

The funniest thing about it is if I go back there through hubtivity, all carriage returns disappear, and I have to add paragraph breaks again smile