jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

ideal length of hubs

1. mommyfreelancer profile image86
    mommyfreelancerposted 7 years ago

Hi! I was told that my hubs were a bit short (thank you, anime_nanet!). What would be an ideal length of hubs? 300words or so? Thanks!

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I guess you'd have to base that on whether you write poetry or articles. Of course poetry takes a whole different form and so I think the focus is on the stanzas, the intertwining meaning (to the author) and the lyrical quality. And this is a true guess, because I'm not a poet.

As for articles, I'd aim for a minimum of 400 words. Mine vary. I can write (very easily) up to 6/700 words without a pause. Then I start to check and word count, depending on what I'm writing about.

And 400 words is only a few paragraphs - achievable I think smile

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I usually write about 800 words. It's hard to optimize for lots of keywords with less than that. Based on comments from other hubbers, I've experimented with writing shorter lengths in the 300 to 350 word range. So far I haven't had the best of luck with those. I've also written some hubs with up to 3,000 words. Those have done pretty well in general.

But you have to remember I've only been at Hubpages for about 4 months, so that really isn't much time to let the hubs age and season. I'm going to leave them alone for another six months to a year and see what happens.

4. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

I write between 1600 - 2500 words.. but I have no idea what the ideal hub size should be. However, I believe the key is to ensure that your works engage the reader for the entire hub, irrespective of word quantity.  Some subscribe to a standard format of 400 words, 1x photo and comments.

5. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Honestly some of mine are quite lengthy and some are short, I know if it is to long sometimes I lose interest, if it is to short I look for more. Something in between 700-800 words in my opinion is perfect, however it is only my opinion. smile

6. LondonGirl profile image93
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

300 sounds a lot too short to me - more the intro than the whole thing!

7. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I tend to write 700 to 1200 words with some longer.