jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Verifying withGoogle Adsense

1. Jack Bateman profile image60
    Jack Batemanposted 7 years ago

I have created my second Hub and have set up an account with google adsense.  Google was telling me that it could not verify my site. In trying tofollow the directions I could not find the place to paste themeta tag or verify with the html info.  Iam new to the internet writing community and feel thatI am on a huge learning curve.  Where do i place the meta tag or enter the html info to allow google to verify my hub sothatI can then get ads going?
    Jack Bateman

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You don't have to verify your site for Adsense, so I think you may be in the wrong part of the Google universe. 

You do have to verify your account by pasting a meta tag if you're submitting to Google Webmaster tools, but you don't need to do that to use Adsense.

Here are the step-by-step instructions to set up Adsense.  You only need to do it once, by pasting the code into the Affiliate section of your account.  Once that's set up, you don't have to do anything for the individual hubs.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

You should be using the same adsense code you were assigned and paste it in *affilate settings* under *my account* tab. hmm using more than one adsense can get you in trouble I thinks. tongue not a expert here either though. Its a pub -XX-XXXXXXXXX code not html.

3. rrajput2407 profile image60
    rrajput2407posted 7 years ago

You dont need to verify the site for adsense and you have to supply only the code provided by the google it is like pub -XX-XXXXXXXXX and simply paste in the affiliate section of your account.

Verification is required when you submit your site to google webmaster and they asked to paste the some code to meta tag in the <head> section of html part of your site.