jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Why can't I get Amazon to show up on my hubs?

1. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

Do I have to configure every hub individually with Amazon?  I'm obviously doing something wrong, as nothing shows on any of my hubs.

O.K., I figured out how to edit and set up each hub, and I did a couple, but still no results.  Any help you can give me?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

If you haven't added Amazon capsules to your Hubs and chosen products, then you're not going to have offerings from that web site.

1. 0
      daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have added the capsules, and edited and set them up.  I still get no ads.

I chose "All" products.  Do I have to choose just one?

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

You need to choose keyword searchs in the amazon capsule that returns a result when you click the preview button.  By default when you add a capsule it is set to the title of your hub, which often may not have any matches.  Amazon has a lot of products, but they probably don't have anything to match phrases like:

"Desktop Organization for Stress Free Computing" or
    "Frugal Challenge - Five 'No Spend' Days a Week"

What you really want to do is put in specific products or types of products that will complement your hub.  Don't think of amazon capsules as advertisements but more as a way to recommend products complementary to the topic of your hub.

What shows up in a capsule won't match perfectly to what you get searching on amazon directly, but it can give you a pretty good idea what you'll get if you try a search here:

Some better phrases might be:

"desktop organizers" or
    "frugal living books"

4. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I found out that I can't use more than two keywords, or I get no results at all.  I managed to get some to work, so I'm doing what you said.  Thanks a bunch.

5. bloggerdollar profile image45
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

If you wan't to target specific items on Amazon you can change the keyword option to ASIN and get the ASIN numbers for targetted items on Amazon.
    You can see an application in my latest hub I display DVD's of the reviewed movies on my hub.

http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Science-Fict … ould-Watch

6. Jerrico Usher profile image59
    Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago

I retract my last post as Jason has opened my eyes (thanx man) turns out the .pdf has it all and I just needed to reread it.. first go was too fast apparently.. I appoligise for my post as it was my fault for not reading closer smile happy hubbing yall.