jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

low score overall!!! HELP!

1. AsherKade profile image76
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

okay, so I hub,hub,hub until my fingers are blue. I join this conversations in forums. I have fans, and I join other's fan clubs. But my score is very low....is there something wrong with my hubs(which I find fascinating) or the Hubpages site overall??

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty new myself, so don't take anything I say as gospel. But you are into creative writing. HubPages is into making money. I love your writing but I have no idea how they score hubs.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If you want to make money, there are a lot of folks out here to give you advice. (Like split your writing into different capsules so they can inject ads, etc.) If not, just write, enjoy yourself, and let us enjoy your writing.

AsherKadeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that helps...however, i spend A LOT of time on my hubs and it doesn't seem like anyone gives even the slightest time or day to what took me forever to write(I have too many distractions and responsibilities). But, I suppose since I am NOT looking for money, I should just wait for the reviews, eh?

3. profile image0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Well...hubscore is a curious thing.  Keep up the forum posting (just please make sure your posts add something to the discussion, not just random dribblings to add to your post count)
    comment on other hubs and reply to your comments. Rate hubs of others up.

You have a good amount of hubs, but if they are all low scoring--that wont help your overall score. You may want to clean them up a little--go take a look at others hubs. See how they organize them. The hub I looked at needed some work, It wasn't very visually appealing. Just see how others arrange theirs and that will help. You want people to read them and comment, so make them worthwhile to look at.

Try driving in a little outside traffic (from Facebook or twitter for example)

it will go up the more you do...

4. Koby profile image61
    Kobyposted 7 years ago

Don't worry too much about hubscore--any fan worth having won't count you out because you're in the 80's--Not that the 80's are low, it's a very good score.

Don't pay attention to score.
    The fans will come if you have quality work, regardless of your score.

AsherKadeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks...I've done some revamping...I am not sure about my profile picture yet...but cute puppies wouldn't sell crime novels, eh?

1. Koby profile image61
        Kobyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your profile picture rather scares me.

5. AsherKade profile image76

LOL at Koby...so should I change it to cut puppies??

6. AsherKade profile image76

I mean cute puppies...yuck on the cut puppies...

working