jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

Back from Beautiful Canada

1. countrywomen profile image59
    countrywomenposted 7 years ago

I had to go to Vancouver for Visa stamping. And then went to visit Banff and Jasper National Park. Canada is really beautiful. I would write a hub soon. Missed you all. smile

1. profile image60
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Missed you too, nice to see you back !

countrywomenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How is our Captain doing? Got back last night. Too much to do. Going to rest today.

1. profile image60

Doing good and I deff need a holiday myself, having a week away August 8th, cant wait !

I see you have been busy with Cabin Girl and Blondepoet. Are you taking a holiday to Australia? wink

1. profile image60

No but I do love girls down under smile

I can definitely see why tongue . BP has a great sense of humor. smile

2. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nice to have you back smile

I really missed you all. Being away from hubpages feels like being away from a family. Glad to be back. smile

3. profile image0
      Hack Retisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I find it funny my first meeting of you as named "countrywoman" is about visiting Canadia.

What country would you call home?

Or does it matter to you?

I call both US and India as home. One is Karma Bhumi and the other Janma Bhumi. And I love both the countries. smile

PS: Karma= in this context place of work, Bhumi= Land and Janma = Birth place.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Glad you liked my country smile I'm on the other side but have family around Vancouver. I've never been to Banff.

Canada is beautiful. Banff and Jasper is awesome. I like wildlife and would rate them on par with Yellowstone (which is my favorite). smile

3. profile image60
    CabinGirlposted 7 years ago

I love Blonde Poet, I want to meet her and go out with her smile

Yes she is very nice and fun person to be with. smile

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I was in BC one time and spent a afternoon watching mountain goats on a mtn top following the sun big_smile tis very beautiful but never want to fall off the hwy tongue lol

Mountain Goats are awesome. Yeah it can be scary. I hope mountain goats don't have fear of heights. wink

http://walkingintherain.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bateman_-_sheer_drop-mountain_goats.jpg

5. Beth100 profile image85
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

So glad to hear that you enjoyed Canada!  I'm a very proud Canadian, and love to hear positive feedback (but, I'll also listen to the negative...).

Welcome back, and I'm looking forward to your hubs!

Well the only negative I could think was no/little cell phone signal (Sprint) even if we were willing to pay for the roaming charges. It feels so cut off without being able to communicate in case if we had any real emergency can't call even AAA.

But the people were very nice and relaxed. The tourist places seem less commercial than US. Still getting up to speed after a week of traveling. Sometime this week I will get started on that hub. smile

working