jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What am I missing?

1. N. Ramius profile image82
    N. Ramiusposted 7 years ago

I have 12 hubs. Two of my hubs about game reviews: Civil War Generals 2 and Caesar 3 make up more than half of my roughly 300 page views.

The other 10 pages get barely any views.

What do I need to add to my hubpages to get more views?

1. 61
      CabinGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are only here 3 weeks babe, it will grow ok just be patient thats a good boy !

2. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with both Dame and CabinGirl. But (and any keyword experts out there please chime in if I'm wrong) you might want to do a little keyword research as well. I took a look at the searches for two of your hubs, and while the hubs are good, the keywords are tough. Your credit report keywords have soooooo much competition, I don't know what will happen with that. And your School Tycoon one has one keyword that drives any significant traffic, but it also has a lot of competition AND the payout for that keyword won't be too much.

I generally don't go after keywords where the CPC (cost for the advertiser to purchase the ad) is less than $1.00, and the keyword I'm talking about on your hub is well under a buck.

So be patient, promote yourself and do some keyword research I think is the bottom line.

1. fayans profile image28
        fayansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I second that!

A keyword a day makes a dollar a day...wink

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

You have to promote your Hubs yourself. Join forums where there are other gamers smile have a signature url that points to your HP site and let people click *naturally* and your traffic will slowly build. Success as a writer doesn't happen overnight hmm

1. 61
      CabinGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thats what patience means !

3. Koby profile image59
    Kobyposted 7 years ago

I agree with the keyword bit, cpc is important.  This same thing happened to me.  My first two hubs get it all and my other hubs are left in the tens and twenties.  As my situation changes i'll keep you posted.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I learned that including your title in the tags helps also use words specific to a *industry*. Asherkade...use words like crime, justice and mystery, solve, investigate. Look at other Hubs...layout, tags, topics, etc on how best to improve your own Hubs. big_smile hope that helps and smile now, k.