jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hubpage Gone On First Page Google Ranking

1. Mason-Sutchgale profile image60
    Mason-Sutchgaleposted 7 years ago

One of my hubpages has had 2nd ranking in Google since pretty much the day i created the hub. All of a sudden it is no where to be found on google, this is about 4 month later, and it hasnt been flagged or anything by hubpages, the traffic has remained steady and i havent made any wierd changes to it.

Has anyone got any idea why this can happen?

Thanks,

Manspn

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There can be a number of reasons. Have you changed the tags?

Google also likes articles that are updated or edited occassionally, even if it is comments at the bottom.

Even then, if you edit the article.... you could be taking out the line of text that google liked the most.

Maybe the pages that are now on the top of the page are newer, have been edited or updated, or are just getting a lot more traffic then yours?

Just a few ideas, what you really need is an SEO expert?

1. Mason-Sutchgale profile image60
        Mason-Sutchgaleposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely nothing has been edited in the hub, thats why i was suprised to see it happen.

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Exactly! Read back what I wrote. Google prefers articles that ARE edited occassionally, this is to ensure that they keep their content fresh and new.

2. Mac Mission profile image61
    Mac Missionposted 7 years ago

I have gone through you hubs and these are listed on google 1st 2nd and also in 3rd page.It depends upon the traffic and keyword used. Just check the key word. You need to post more and more and more..........  your in hot hubs

3. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

If the traffic has remained steady it means you weren't getting any traffic from that search term anyway.

working